• HCS Registration Information for 2020-21

    Whether you are new or returning to Horry County Schools find out everything you need to know about getting registered.

    HCS regsitration

    • Registration for Child Development and Kindergarten begins April 21
    • Registration for returning students in grades 1-12 begins May 4 (If your child attended Pre-K or CD 2019-20 at HCS, they are considered a returning student)
    • Registration for new students to Horry County Schools in grades 1-12 beings June 8

    How to apply for Child Development for the 2020-21 School Year

    Applications for child development are now available! Please apply early!
    Learn more about the HCS Child Development program

    Registration for Kindergarten for the 2020-21 School Year

    Registration for kindergarten will be available beginning April 21, 2020
    Once you have completed the registration for kindergarten form and receive a Snapcode from your school, click here to complete the registration process.

    Registration for Returning Students for the 2020-21 School Year

    Registration for returning students begins May 4 

    Returning students who completed the 2019-20 school year at HCS may visit the Parent Portal and follow the instructions provided to register to return for the 2020-2021 school year. After logging into the Portal, click on the white arrow icon to access online registration.

    Login to register here

    Students who attended a District school for a portion of the current school year, yet did not complete the school year at HCS, are required to register as new students.

    Registration for New Students for the 2020-21 School Year 

    Registration for new students grades 1-12 begins June 8

    Once you have completed the registration for kindergarten form and receive a Snapcode from your school, click here to complete the registration process.  

    The following documentation will be required:

    • A legal birth certificate
    • Certificate of Immunization
    • Proof of residency is required. Acceptable documents include current utility bills, a current and signed rental agreement, an approved transfer form, proof of guardianship, or a valid receipt and letter on property letterhead indicating the student is staying in a hotel or rental condo on a long-term basis.

    Parents who are new to the area and are unsure which school their child will attend may utilize the HCS School Locator, which allows the user to enter an address to identify the schools assigned to their residence. Parents can also view maps of the District’s nine attendance areas by accessing Attendance Zone Maps. If, after utilizing the online resources, you still have questions about which school your child should attend, you may contact Kathy Johnson at 843.488.6784.

    Registration Information for the 2019-20 School Year

    The last date for receiving academic assignments for all Horry County Schools students is Friday, May 15th.  No technology devices will be issued after Monday, May 11th.  If you feel you need to enroll your student for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year, please send an email with your contact information to registration@horrycountyschools.net and a district office staff member will contact you.

    In-District transfers to other schools

    Student transfer applications will be accepted beginning April 1, 2020, through June 30, 2021

    Students who wish to attend a school other than the school assigned for their residence are required to complete an application for a student transfer. HCS does not provide transportation for approved elective transfers. Transfers may be denied if the school requested in the transfer application is at, or over, capacity.

    Transfer request are approved only for the period comprising a single academic year except as noted in the following sentence. Transfer requests do not have to be submitted for a student to remain in the same school or the next level in the attendance are (i.e., elementary to middle school) for which his/her transfer request was previously approved as long as he/she meets the same conditions that led to the prior approval.

    Students who have been accepted to, or are returning to, any of the District’s optional secondary programs are not considered transfer students and are not required to complete a transfer application. Transportation services are provided to students attending the Scholars Academy, the HCS Early College High School, the STEM program, the Academy for Arts, Science and Technology, and the Academy for Technology and Academics.

    Request an in-district transfer 

    Out-of-district transfers

    South Carolina students who reside outside of Horry County may apply annually to attend a District school. If accepted, nonresident students will be required to pay tuition in an amount equal to the prior years per pupil local revenue received.  For more information, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 843.488.6770.