Long-Term Facility Plan
The purpose of the plan is to evaluate the adequacy of existing educational facilities, plan for future capital facilities spending and address how the student population will be housed over the next 10 years. This document also provides for facility improvements or adjustments to the programmatic needs of the District.
This plan contains data and analysis that will provide the basis for decisions regarding when and where to build new capacity, renovate existing facilities, replace facilities, and when and how to provide sustainment activities to maintain our facilities to the highest quality. Additionally, this plan provides a comprehensive analysis of athletic facilities, playgrounds, and grounds along with recommendations for improvements to these areas. The District also produced a set of Educational Specifications. That document provides the guidance necessary to ensure that school facilities are planned and designed to support the mission and vision of Horry County Schools.
The plan was presented to the Board of Education on February 16, 2013. All information contained in the plan and presentation are recommendations only. The Board of Education has not approved any portion of the Long-term or Short-term Facilities Plan.
- Long-term Facility Plan - Due to the size of the document it has been separated into the following sections:
- Introduction, Table of Contents
- Capital Projects Update
- Capital Funding
- Facility Department Integration
- Assessment Summaries Introduction & Methodology
- Aynor Attendance Area Assessment Summary
- Carolina Forest Attendance Area Assessment Summary
- Conway Attendance Area Assessment Summary
- Green-Sea Floyds Attendance Area Assessment Summary
- Loris Attendance Area Assessment Summary
- Myrtle Beach Attendance Area Assessment Summary
- North Myrtle Beach Attendance Area Assessment Summary
- Socastee Attendance Area Assessment Summary
- St. James Attendance Area Assessment Summary
- Special Programs, Academies, and Other Property Assessment Summary
- Enrollment & Capacity and Relocatable Classroom Management
- Education Specifications
- Technical Specifications
- Long-term and Short-term Facilities Plan by School