Horry County Schools Junior ROTC’s vision is to be a premier world-class program for high school students. Our JROTC programs will be welcoming centers promoting patriotism and citizenship, fostering respect, motivating students, and developing the next generation leaders through high quality teaching and learning.
Horry County Schools Junior ROTC is committed to promoting academic excellence through sound educational principles and practices conjoined with leadership education training and character building. We strive to motivate young people become better citizens and lead a life in accordance with the Cadet Creed.
HCS Junior ROTC
- Designed to teach high school students the value of citizenship, leadership, service to the community, personal responsibility, and self-discipline.
- Instills self-esteem, teamwork, and self-discipline.
- Focus is reflected in its mission statement, "To Motivate young people to be better citizens."
- Prepares High School Students for responsible leadership roles while making them aware of their rights, responsibilities, and privileges as American citizens.
- Stimulus for promoting graduation from high school.
- Provides instruction and rewarding opportunities that will benefit the student, community, and nation.
- Program is voluntary, academic and provides credit toward graduation.
- Curriculum is aligned with national standards.
- Junior ROTC is NOT a recruitment tool. Cadets are organized into units along military line and are taught by retired military personnel, but JROTC does not recruit students for military service.
- Focus is on developing young people and orientating them positively in preparation for whatever role in life they might choose.
- Students who complete one credit of JROTC will meet the graduation requirement for Physical Education credit