Horry County Memorial Libraries have a wealth of materials FREE if you are a resident, employed, own property or attend school in Horry County. Take advantage of them by getting a FREE library card! Walk in to any public library (the closest ones are listed below) and fill out an application. A legal guardian must be present for children under 12 to get their own card.
The libraries offer books, videos, DVDs, music CDs, audiobooks, newspapers, magazines, federal and state tax forms and programs for all ages. Computers for Internet access, word processing and accessing online databases are available.
These are some MORE of the benefits to having a library card:
- You can borrow up to 50 items at one time!!! (A maximum of 6 DVDs and 3 magazines at one time)
- Notary services are available
- You can search, online, in the library catalog or renew or request an item.
- Mango Languages is a free service can use to learn a language – there are 57 languages to choose from!
- There are opportunities to hear speakers, take an online class, or attend an ongoing program.
- You can use FREE Wi-Fi at the library.
- You can download or stream thousands of e-books, audiobooks, music albums, movies or television shows directly to your browser, smart phine or tablet.
- Through online databases, you have FREE access to information such as census records, public records, photos, auto repair, nursing resources, The Sun News, historic newspapers, online investments, and, product manuals.
- You can “book a librarian” – make an appointment to get help with job searching, e-mail, social media, etc.