Saint James Intermediate/Forestbrook Elementary Junior Lifeguard Course
* To develop an appreciation and understanding of the aquatic environment
* To acquire knowledge and develop abilities to save one’s own life and assisting with
swimmers in distress through non-swimming rescues.
* To develop abilities that can be utilized throughout life.
* To familiarize students with various aquatic activities.
* To certify students in infant/child CPR and first aid. (optional)
* Wed. -5:45 pm –7:30pm (pool) (except for modules, and certain classroom activities)
* Wed.- 6:00pm- 8:00pm (class) (except for modules, and certain classroom activities)
* Saint James Intermediate School
* Coastal Carolina University pool
* With parents attending - Atlantic Ocean (Garden City) (optional)
* Other locations TBA
* 5th Grade Student
* Swim 50 yards using a crawl or freestyle stroke and breast stroke
* Tread water for 2 minutes
* Swim under water for 15 feet
* Swim 15 yards using a back stroke or float on your back for 30 seconds
Contact: Duke Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org)