K-12 HCS Virtual Full-Time: Quick Facts
The K-12 HCS Virtual is a full-time online option for families in grades K-12
Students enrolled in the full-time program must take all courses online to be considered a full-time online student.
- For the district’s K-8 full-time online program, the curriculum is provided by a national online curriculum provider (Florida Virtual School) with more than 20 years of experience in online curriculum development.
- For the district’s 9-12 full-time online program, the curriculum is a combination of courses purchased from national providers and those developed by expert HCS teachers.
- Full-time virtual students will be served by HCS teachers who are trained in providing an engaging online teaching and learning experience for students.
- Full-time online students will follow the typical school schedule and will be required to participate in scheduled live sessions with their teachers. Attendance and grading practices will be similar to those required of students attending the brick-and-mortar school.
- Parents/students must commit to at least a semester. Requests to return to school will be considered based on space availability,