Employment for Educators
Application Process is currently CLOSED.
HCS Virtual hires part-time online instructors as needed for all content areas at the secondary level. Instructors are assigned a class if there is a need in the instructor’s certification area; therefore, a teaching assignment is never guaranteed.
Since HCS Virtual offers students rolling enrollment where possible, the start time is flexible. In many of our courses, students may begin the course any week of the year, and may move at their own pace through the content. Teachers who have earned an Online Teaching Endorsement will be the first considered for teaching assignments as enrollment requests are received throughout the year.
Online instructors can teach at any time of day, from any place there is access the internet. New teachers start with a course that is fully developed with lessons, discussions, tests, assignments, and labs all "ready to go." This ensures consistency among classes and frees the teachers to focus their energy on interactions with students. The part-time nature of the job makes it possible to combine with a variety of circumstances, whether you're teaching full-time in a brick-and-mortar school, attending school yourself, working as a stay-home parent, or retired from teaching full-time.
Employees in this position are expected to:
- monitor and demonstrate a presence within an online course by posting announcements, moderating class discussions, and providing feedback on student work
- make initial student contact within the first 48 hour of a class
- maintain contact with students a minimum of three times per week via email, discussion board, virtual classroom, or telephone
- respond to communication from students and other stakeholders within 24 hours
- make frequent contact with students, site coordinators, parents, and administrators
- make phone contact at the time of progress reports with parents and site coordinators of any student whose grade is below 70% or who is behind pace
- submit timely reports which include bi-weekly progress reports and final grades according to the HCS calendar
- ensure instructional modifications are being met as required by a special education student’s IEP or 504; as communicated by the site coordinator
- grade student assignments within 48 hours of submission and post grades in the grade book
- resolve stakeholder complaints in a positive manner
- adhere and enforce HCS Acceptable Use Policy
The success of our program is dependent on a highly qualified and dedicated teaching staff. Thank you for your interest in joining our faculty!