SOCASTEE HIGH SCHOOL
For the week of:
February 19-23, 2018
Athletics this week:
Girls’ Varsity Lacrosse host MB at 5:00 p.m.
JV Boys & Varsity Boys’ Lacrosse host MB at 6:30 & 8:00 p.m.
Women’s Lacrosse vs. CFHS 5:30 p.m.
Men’s Lacrosse at Carolina Forest 6:00 p.m.
Over the weekend:
2/23-2/25 – Men’s Tennis at Palmetto Tennis Tournament – Columbia
2/23-2/25 – Women’s and Men’s Soccer at Michael Nash Tournament – NMB
VARSITY BASEBALL--NMB 1:00 p.m. Carolina Forest
VARSITY SOFTBALL--TBA TBA West Brunswick
Clubs and Organizations:
National English Honor Society will meet on Tuesday, February 20, right after school in Ms. Mitchell’s Room. This meeting is required for students participating in the February 24 literacy celebration.
Mark your calendars! Our Chick-fil-A Fundraiser to help support our Special Needs Transportation will be held on THURSDAY, February 22 at break! Biscuits will be sold for $3!
There is a Spanish Club meeting in the glorious Room 221 Thursday, February 22. It's hotter than Miami!"
Brave Bots meet every day after school until 5:00 p.m. in Mr. Stone's Room 316. Let's build this robot!
NEW shirts, hoodies, hats, and jackets are here! Come shop The Brave Cave to see our newest designs
Attention Class of 2018 and Class of 2019, The Junior Student Council cordially invites you to Prom 2018. The Theme: “A Night in Old Hollywood”. Please check your advisory Google Classroom for information.
Registration is now open for the 2nd Running Hawaiian 5K in memory of Keahi. Any student can register to run, walk, or volunteer and proceeds from this event fund a scholarship for Socastee senior. Visit RunSignUp.com or see Mr. Urbaniak for more information.
- Any student in grade 9-12 interested in attending SC Business Week this summer should see their grade level counselor for an application.
- Students who elected to take the school day administered SAT on March 7, will have pre-administration on February 22 during 4th Block in the Auditorium.
- Students who elected to take the school day administered SAT on February 27, Please remember the following:
Report to your testing room at 8:15.
Bring a pictured ID for admittance into testing room.
Leave your cell phone or smart watch at home or in car.
There will be no make-ups for this ACT if you are late or absent
- Ricciardis Italian ice will be having an open house job fair Thursday, February 22, from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. Location is 3926 Wesley St. Unit 202 Myrtle Beach. Please bring your driver’s license and social security card for on the spot interviews. Secure your summer job now!!
- There will be a Junior Guidance/PACE meeting on February 22 at 6:00 p.m. in the Media Center. Adams will discuss topics such as course selection for senior year, college applications, financial aid, etc. There will also be a presentation from the PACE program at Horry Georgetown Technical College.
- Please bring a copy of all college acceptance letters to Mrs. Keller as you receive them
- Please be sure you have ordered your senior supplies. If not, go online to the Herff Jones website; hjcarolina.com as soon as possible to do so. Supplies will be delivered on April 17 during all lunches.
- Cap and gown pictures are scheduled for March 9. Check the Main Office or Mrs. Miller’s door for a price list.
- There will be a representative from USC here on February 20. Sign up with Mrs. Keller in guidance if you would like to meet with the representative.