SOCASTEE HIGH SCHOOL
For the week of:
April 16 - 20, 2018
Varsity Baseball defeated CF 2-0
Varsity Girls Soccer defeated Conway 3-0
JV Boys Soccer defeated Conway 5-0
Varsity Boys Soccer defeated Conway 7-1
JV Boys’ Soccer (5:30) & Varsity Boys Soccer (6:45) host NMB
Boys’ Tennis host SJ at 5:00
JV Baseball host Waccamaw at 5:30
JV Girls’ Soccer (5:30) & Varsity Girls Soccer (6:45) travel to NMB
Varsity Girls Lacrosse host Clover at 5:00
Varsity Boys Lacrosse travels to Dutch Fork for a 5:00 start
Tuesday, April 17
VARSITY BASEBALL--West Florence 6:30pm SOCASTEE
VARSITY SOFTBALL--West Florence 6:00pm SOCASTEE
MENS’ GOLF--Aynor 4:30pm Prestwick
WOMENS’ SOCCER--Carolina 7:30pm Carolina Forest – late game due to Girls’ LAX playoff at Carolina F.
WOMENS’ LAX—Clover 5:00pm SOCASTEE
MENS’ SOCCER--Carolina Forest 6:45pm SOCASTEE
MENS’ TENNIS--Carolina Forest 5:30pm SOCASTEE
MENS’ LACROSSE—Dutch Fork TBA Dutch Fork
Wednesday, April 18
MENS’ GOLF—at North Myrtle Beach 4:30pm Eagle Nest
Thursday, April 19
VARSITY SOFTBALL--South Florence 6:30pm SOCASTEE
MENS’ TENNIS--West Florence 5:30pm West Florence
JV GIRLS’/JV BOYS’ SOCCER—vs. Carolina Forest 5:30/6:45pm SOCASTEE
Friday, April 20
WOMENS’ SOCCER--West Florence 6:00/7:15pm SOCASTEE
MENS’ SOCCER--West Florence 6:00/7:15pm West Florence
Clubs and Organizations:
Students that were nominated for National Technical Honor Society, please submit your applications and dues by May 1 to either Mrs. Gorcesky or Mr. Ricketts. If you are a senior that was nominated make sure to include your money for your cord. If you are a junior and would like to purchase your cord this year, you may. Reminder deadline is May 1 for applications and dues for membership and cords.
HOSA will meet Tuesday after school in Room 140.
Students: make up school is still being held on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Permission slips for Saturday school can be found in Mrs. Tucci’s Office.
Seniors who completed 3 or more courses of Spanish can pick up an application for the National Spanish Honor Society in Room 218 with Ms. Leggett.
The Second Fueling Our Schools National Night has been planned for Thursday, April 19, 2018. Like the previous events we need full participation from each of the participating schools to come out and support us on this night. On this night along with every Friday night in April, Circle K will donate 10 cents per gallon for every gallon sold from the Fueling Our Schools pump. All other days 1 cent per gallon will be donated for each gallon sold at the Fueling Our School pump. The maximum donation per semester is $1000 which totals $2000 for the year. The checks will be presented in late May/June.
Jackets and gum are back in stock at The Brave Cave. Come see us during your lunch.
Registration is now open for the 2nd Running Hawaiian 5K in memory of Keahi. Any student can register to run, walk, or volunteer and proceeds from this event fund a scholarship for Socastee senior. Visit RunSignUp.com or see Mr. Urbaniak for more information.
Listen up, this is your last chance to order your yearbook with your name on it. Next Wednesday, April 18, the names will be sent to the yearbook company. You will still be able to purchase a book, but without the name plate. Order yours today!
Cheer tryouts are this week Monday-Thursday in the gym. Mrs. Blackmon has forms and Coach Keesee needs your physical in order for you to try out.
Gaming Design Club will meet Friday, April 20, in Mr. Church's Room.
On Friday, April 20, members of our Horry County League of Women voters will be here to offer voter registration information to ALL potential voters.
Bring your questions, and let them help. They will be in our commons during all 3 lunches.
Hey!!!!! Hey!!!! Hey!!!
It’s that time of the year!!!
It’s Man Show Time!
If you want a little comedy in your life guys, come on down and sign up to be in the Man Show 2018. Make sure you have an escort!
Sign up in Mrs. French's in Room 130 (the Art Room)
Man Show 2018 will be May 25 at 7:00
Mark your calendars! Our Chick-fil-A Fundraiser to help support our Special Needs Transportation will be held on THURSDAY, April 19, at break! Biscuits will be sold for $3!
- Any student in grade 9-12 interested in attending SC Business Week this summer should see their grade level counselor for an application.
- Rising juniors and seniors interested in taking PACE courses at Horry Georgetown next year: there will be an informational meeting on Tuesday, April 24, at 2:00 p.m. in the Auditorium. Please have a charged venue when you come to this meeting.
- Please be sure you have ordered your senior supplies. If not, go online to the Herff Jones website; hjcarolina.com as soon as possible to do so. Supplies will be delivered on April 17 during all lunches.
- Bring all college acceptance letters and scholarship award letters to Mrs. Keller. Preparations are being made for senior awards night and this information is extremely important. Do not wait, bring them to Mrs. Keller as soon as possible so that you are recognized accurately on senior awards night.
Check the Senior Google Advisory page for the latest scholarship opportunities for seniors only.
New scholarship postings include:
- The Judy S. Chance Scholarship - In memory of the former SHS teacher and for students planning to pursue a career in education.
- The SHS Scholarship - more than one scholarship will be awarded, see the application for more details
Cassady Jones French Scholarship - In loving memory of Cassady Jones French, eligibility requirements for this scholarship include excellent character, leadership experience, and participation in certain activities.
- See the senior Google Advisory page today for more scholarships and get busy with those applications.