Read to Succeed
Any educator who holds a current SC Teaching Certificate is required to complete R2S coursework in order to renew that certificate. R2S courses only offer PD/renewal credits and are not graduate level courses. HCSD will sponsor online R2S courses through VirtualSC Professional Development for certified educators who hold a professional certificate and are employed in a full time teaching position.
Pre-registration for Summer 2018 R2S courses opens in TrueNorthLogic on April 9, 2018, at 8:00 a.m. and closes April 23, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Information regarding next steps in this process and the actual course start and end dates will be made available once pre-registration closes in Truenorthlogic.
The following courses R2S Summer 2018 courses will be offered:
- 27775 Instructional Practices
- 27774 Assessment of Reading
- 27773 Foundations of Reading
- 27772 Content Area Reading and Writing for Media Specialists
- 27771 Content Area Reading and Writing for School Counselors, School Psychologists, and Speech-Language Pathologists
- 27770 Content Area Reading and Writing for Fine Arts Teachers
- 27769 Content Area Reading and Writing for Administrators and Non-Instructional Staff
- 27768 Content Area Reading and Writing for Middle and High School Teachers
- 27767 Content Area Reading and Writing for Early Childhood and Elementary Teachers
- 27766 Content Area Reading and Writing for Career and Technology (CATE) Teachers
Important information regarding endorsements and timelines for completion can be found on the SDE Website link below.
If you are unable to find the information you need on the above link please contact Jeanna Allen.