- Adult Education
- Attendance/Truancy Information
- Student Health Services
- Horry County Education Center
- Homeless Education
- Rehabilitative Behavioral Health Services
- Student Affairs
- Horry County Schools
HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy
In order to provide a safe and secure environment for our parents, community members, students, athletes, staff, and officials, Horry County Schools will implement a Clear Bag Policy for all football and basketball games. School staff will continue to implement security checkpoints and approved bag searches.
- Clear plastic or vinyl bags that do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag
- Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” – approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap
- Medically-necessary items (after proper inspection at the entrance)
- Diaper bags (with an infant/toddler – after proper inspection at the entrance)
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:
- Purses larger than a clutch bag
- Fanny packs
- Cinch/Drawstring bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags/Camera Bags
Other prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Weapons/concealed weapons
- Alcoholic beverages
- Containers of any kind
- Aerosol and spray cans
- Mace/pepper spray
- Animals (except service animals)
- Laser lights, strobe lights, and pointers
- Irritants, such as artificial noisemakers
- Inflatables (beach balls, etc.)
- Masks of any kind
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Horry County Schools adopting this policy for football and basketball events?
The safety and security of our fans, community members, and students is our number one priority. This proactive measure will enhance the safety inside our stadiums and gymnasiums and will speed up the screening process.
What happens if I arrive to the game with a bag that is not permitted?
Prohibited bags will not be permitted inside the stadium or gymnasium. Fans will need to return the prohibited bag to their vehicle.
How does this expedite my entry into the stadium or gymnasium?
This policy enables us to move guests through our security checkpoints faster, allowing staff to be more efficient and effective in checking approved bags that are brought into the venue.
What about items such as stadium seats and blankets?
Fans will be allowed to enter with a stadium seat and/or blanket. These items are easily screened.
Why is this policy not being instituted for other sporting events?
Basketball and football games are the two sports offered in Horry County Schools that have the largest crowds in attendance. We will continue to monitor attendance at other sporting events to determine future changes.