THE FRIENDS OF THE CAROLINA FOREST LIBRARY SCHOLARSHIP
Each year The Friends of the Carolina Forest Library awards several scholarships of $1,000 each to be used for tuition and/or books at an institution of higher learning. Full time High School Seniors who reside in Carolina Forest are eligible. Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full-time at their institution of higher learning. The scholarship award will be paid directly to an accredited University, College, Community College or Technical School on behalf of the recipient.
Application submission includes:
• Application Form
• Copy of High School(s) Transcript
• Completed Essay
• Mini Autobiography
• Two Sealed Recommendation Letters from a teacher, guidance counselor, employer, coach or religious leader (not a relative or friend).
• Add additional pages to your application submission, as needed
Please email the completed application package by February 1, 2024 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or if you prefer, mail in the application package or bring the application package to the Carolina Forest Library and provide it to the Librarian.
Carolina Forest Library
2250 Carolina Forest Blvd
Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
For any questions on the application process, please contact a member of the Scholarship Committee:
Lorraine Krzyzewski - email@example.com - (843) 492-4879
Kathy Stroz - firstname.lastname@example.org - (732) 857-4228
Please click HERE for more information.
Key Scholarship with Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union and Horry Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (HTC)
Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union and Horry Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (HTC) have partnered to offer two scholarship awards to local graduating high school seniors who wish to continue their education at either Coastal Carolina University (CCU) or Francis Marion University (FMU). Two $5,000 scholarships will be awarded to rising college freshmen seeking a four-year degree from CCU or FMU.
- Be a graduating high school senior from a high school located in one of the following counties: Horry County, Georgetown County, Marion County, Williamsburg County, or southern Florence County.
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA in high school.
- Be accepted as a full-time student by either CCU or FMU.
- Plan to attend either CCU or FMU in pursuit of a four-year degree.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 college credit hours (full-time status) at either CCU or FMU.
For more information and to apply online, click here.
2024 BBB Torch Scholarships
The BBB Torch Awards for Ethics honors organizations whose leaders demonstrate a high level of personal character; ensure that the organization’s practices meet the highest standards of ethics; and consequently generate trust with its customers and the community. The Torch Award embodies BBB’s mission of advancing business trust.
Eligibility & Criteria
The Torch Awards is open to for-profit, 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(6) organizations of all sizes located within BBB’s 7-1/2 county service area (Montgomery, Preble, Darke, Clark, Greene, Miami, Shelby and northern Warren counties).
- BBB Accreditation is not required;
- For profit and 501(c)(6) applicants must have a “B” rating with BBB;
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit applicants must complete the Charitable Standards Evaluation process and meet all BBB Standards for Charity Accountability;
- Organizations must have been in business for three years;
- All financial obligations must be met;
- Applicants are not eligible if they have received the Torch Award/Eclipse Integrity Award in the past five years;
- Government agencies are not eligible to submit an application.
The Judging Process
Entries are evaluated by an independent, voluntary panel of judges comprised of business and community leaders. Your written submission, including examples, stories and documents, should provide a robust and accurate depiction of your organizations focus on character, culture, customers and community. Supporting documents and attachments can range from handbooks, internal documentation, or photos from events.
Click HERE for more information.
Apply for the NHS Scholarship!
Since 1946, the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) has awarded more than $23 million in scholarships to outstanding NHS seniors. This year, we are awarding $2 million in scholarships to 600 students. Each year, scholarship recipients are selected based on their demonstration of the four pillars of NHS: Scholarship, Service, Leadership, and Character. Check out the information below and apply today!
For more information, visit: https://www.nationalhonorsociety.org/advisers/the-nhs-scholarship/
- September 18, 2023: Application opens
- November 30, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. (ET): Submission deadline
- March 2024: Applicants receive notifications
- April 2024: Trailblazing Leadership Week, All-expense paid trip to DC for top 25 scholarship finalists and their advisers
To be eligible, a student must be:
- A high school senior expecting to receive a high school diploma during the current academic year.
- An active member in good standing of a National Honor Society chapter, meeting all membership requirements and obligations of the local chapter.
- An NHS student account holder, verified by the NHS chapter adviser.
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. college or university.
Note: There are no limits to the number of applicants per chapter.
- September 18, 2023: Application opens
Scholarships for NEHS Members
Description Eligible Applications Open Applications Due Award Date NEHS Scholarships Seniors Dec 11, 2023 Jan 8, 2024 Apr 25, 2024
MU ALPHA THETA Scholarships
Seniors inducted into Mu Alpha Theta can apply for their scholarship at this link. Paper applications are not accepted. If applying online creates an undue hardship, please call the National Office at 405-325-0144 to make other arrangements.
All application materials, including recommendation letters, must be submitted online no later than 11:59 pm CT on February 1, 2024.
Mu Alpha Theta and our Educational Foundation award $4,000 scholarships to our members every year. Any graduating high school senior or two-year college student who is an active member in good standing of a current Mu Alpha Theta chapter is eligible. Recipients will have advanced the mission of Mu Alpha Theta by excelling in mathematics, providing exemplary leadership and loyalty to their Mu Alpha Theta chapters, and providing service in the field of mathematics to local projects. Each chapter may submit applications for up to two members, at the chapter sponsor's discretion.
Help Finding Scholarships
SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS FOR SC RESIDENTS