21-22 Announcements and Opportunities
2022 Bank of America Student Leader - Paid Internship Opportunity
The deadline for the Student Leader Application is January 28, 2022 at 11:59 pm eastern/ 8:59 pm pacific.
There will be no deadline extensions so please plan accordingly for weather or other circumstances.
For questions concerning Student Leaders, please call 1‐800‐218‐9946.
Do you want to be the generation that will serve, inspire and change the world?
We are looking for the next generation of community leaders. If you are a current junior or senior in high school with a passion for improving your community, we want to help you turn that passion into action.
As a Student Leader, you will participate in an eight‐week paid internship at a local nonprofit organization where you will learn first‐hand about the needs of your community and the critical role nonprofits play.
In addition, you will learn valuable civic, social, and business leadership skills. Each Student Leader will attend the Student Leader Summit held in Washington, D.C.* where you will explore how government, business, and the nonprofit sector work to address critical community needs.
If you would like to make a difference in your community, apply today! To become a Student Leader, you must:
- Currently, be a junior or senior in high school
- Live in one of the eligible counties listed below. This must be your permanent address
- Be able to participate in an 8‐week paid internship at a local nonprofit/charitable organization and work 35 hours a week*
- Be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship through the end of September 2022
- Be able to participate in a week‐long Student Leadership Summit in Washington, DC (July 25‐30, 2022 (All expenses paid as part of Student Leaders. This week will be part of your 8‐ week experience.) *
- Be a student in good standing at your school
Obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or school administrator at your current school. Contact your recommender as soon as possible to provide them with the requirements listed in the recommendation fact sheet Student Leader Information. If not submitted with your application, uploaded letters, meeting all requirements, must be received by 11:59 pm eastern on Monday, January 31, 2022. Late letters will not be accepted. Letters may not be emailed, mailed or faxed.
2022 US Senate Youth Scholarship Program Competition (SCDE)
The 60th Annual United States Senate Youth Program (USSYP) Washington Week event will take place March 5-12, 2022, with current plans for a timely national selection process and an in-person program in Washington, D.C., pending public health and safety guidelines for travel and indoor gatherings. Two students (11th or 12th grade) from each state will be selected to attend and each student will receive a $10,000 college scholarship. Students must be currently serving in an elected or appointed position representing their school or constituency for the entire 2021-22 school year, must be U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents at the time of application to the U.S. Senate Youth Program, and must be able to attend the entire 2022 in person or online Washington Week event set for March 5- 12, 2022. To review all student eligibility requirements, you may refer to the links below:
- http://ussenateyouth.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/2022-Brochure-with- pdf.
- 2022 U.S. Senate Youth Scholarship Program Competition - Memo
SCHOLARS ACADEMY STUDENTS MUST APPLY THROUGH THEIR BASE HIGH SCHOOL