Horry County Tech Fair Rubik's Cube Competition
The Challenge will consist of team and solo events.
● Teams of 8 students collectively solve 25 3x3 Rubik’s Cubes and/or 25 2x2 Rubik’s Cubes
● Students from registered teams can also compete to solve 2x2 and/or 3x3 Rubik’s Cubes
in the Solo event.
Team rosters and solo competitors’ names must be submitted prior to the event day. Schools
may enter more than one team per school but each team must have a dedicated coach.
Click here to review the Eligibility and Tournament Rules.
Registration will close on Saturday, March 16th.
This competition is open to teams of students from schools in SC and NC in grades k-12.
Teams will compete in 3 divisions based on the grade level of the oldest team member-
Division 1: k-5th grades
Division 2: 6th-8th grades
Division 3: 9th-12 grades
To register, each team must designate a teacher/coach who is over 21 years of age who will be the team contact.
Each team will need to bring a set of 25 Rubik’s brand cubes to the competition:
You CAN Do The Rubik’s Cube provides an Education Kit for purchase or for loan.
Each kit includes 25 Rubik's Cubes, 25 Solution Guides, a USB with resources including our
standards-based Learn to Solve Curriculum, STEM units, and Middle School Unit Study.
About You CAN Do the Rubik's Cube
You CAN Do the Rubik's Cube is the educational outreach program of the world-famous
Rubik’s® Cube which brings mathematical, cooperative, and art concepts together while
empowering anyone to solve the Rubik's Cube. For further information on using the You
CAN Do The Rubik's Cube program in your organization, go to:
● Register your team for the competition ASAP via SpeedLeague
● Read the Official Rules
● Make sure your team has 25 Rubik’s brand cubes to bring to the
● Submit roster via SpeedLeague on or before the deadline to confirm your
● Obtain parent consent for each student via SpeedLeague. (Or use
paper form for parents without email access)
● Practice with your team- ensure students are familiar with team and
● Attend and have fun!
Coaches can find all the instructions for registering teams, creating rosters,
obtaining parental consent, and more on our new Coaches page.
If you have any questions you may contact Thomas Hoffman at Coastal Carolina University.