Advanced Career Pathways
Each AC pathway consists of four courses that emphasize state standards for college and career preparation. Seventy-five percent of employers say they want more emphasis on five key areas including: critical thinking, complex problem solving, written and oral communication, and applied knowledge in real-world settings. AC pathways help students develop these skills.
AC courses immerse students in the career field through:
- Focusing on industry-focused essential questions that student teams must address.
- Real-world projects become more challenging as classes progress.
- Teams of students engage in project management and must research, plan, organize, design, build, evaluate and report findings within a scheduled timeline.
- Teachers facilitate learning. Students manage roles within their respective teams and solve problems on their own. AC develops nimble, flexible, adaptable and dependable teammates and leaders.
- Students interact with and are mentored by industry partners and complete projects that can be utilized by industry and the local community.