Students, parents, and staff are reminded of the importance of hygiene and appropriate dress for school and its effect upon the learning environment.
- Attire must comply with the requirements for health and safety.
- Attire must not be immodest, obscene, profane, lewd, vulgar, indecent or offensive. Shorts, skirts, skorts, and dresses should be of fingertip length (when the student’s arms are extended by his/her side) to assure modesty when the student is seated or engaged in school activities.
- Jeans with holes must meet the same fingertip length requirement.
- Form-fitting pants (example: yoga/leggings) must be worn with a top, shorts, dress or skirt that meets the fingertip length all the way around.
- Undergarments must be covered by outer clothing and not visible to others. Tops must not reveal cleavage. Exposed midriff apparel, swimming attire, pajamas, and bedroom slippers may not be worn.
- Attire must not display evidence of membership or affiliation with a gang in any sense of the term. Bandanas may not be worn.
- Clothing and jewelry containing images of weapons, alcohol, tobacco (cigarettes or chewing tobacco), drugs, drug paraphernalia, sexual innuendos, or any images or words/phrases deemed inappropriate in nature may not be worn. Any clothing or jewelry containing derogatory, threatening, or violent images or words/phrases may not be worn.
- Hats, headgear, bandanas, and sunglasses may not be worn in the building.
- Pants and other garments are to be worn appropriately. Buttons are to be buttoned, zippers zipped, snaps snapped, and straps secured as designed.
- Pants are to be secured at the waist, preferably with a belt, not down on the hips or below with underwear exposed.
- Tank tops must have a shoulder strap of at least 2 inches in width. Tank tops or sleeveless shirts that expose the side of the body are not allowed.
- See-through clothing, spaghetti strap or strapless tops, or clothes exposing the mid-section are not allowed.
Violations of the dress code will be referred to administration and efforts made to correct so the student can return to their academic day. If the student is referred to an administrator, the parent will be called to bring a change of clothes to the school or the child will be issued alternative clothing upon availability.
****On the 3rd dress code violation, the student will receive a discipline referral and a consequence will be given.