Website Training Resources
Blackboard Support Resources
- 2020 Training PPT
- Getting Started with BlackBoard
- BlackBoard Training Resources (Beginner)
- BlackBoard Training Resources (Advanced)
- App Showroom
- App Examples
- BlackBoard Help Website
Blackboard Accessibility Training Resources
- How to format accessible documents
- Captioning video content
- Write accessible content
- Accessibility Training Resources
How to take good photos using your iPhone
Finding good images
- Webmaster Resources folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1s3ROMqp55GXFfeX8ppan12bRRS7cpvk5
- Google images: https://images.google.com/
- Pexels: https://www.pexels.com/
- Burst: https://burst.shopify.com/
- Unsplash: https://unsplash.com/
- Photos for Class: https://www.photosforclass.com/
Resize your images for the Homepage BB image editor
(click "Select New Image" and find your photo, then click "Download Cropped Image")
Image Editing with Blackboard's Creative Services Image Editor
Resize Images using MS Publisher
Resize your images using Be Funky
Snapseed image editing tools for iPhone & Android
Web Accessibility Resources
- View Accessibility information for all mediums
- MS word Accessibility information - in-depth review
- How to add alt tags to MS word documents- cheat sheet
Spelling & Grammar Resources
Grammarly inline spellchecker
- Chrome: Open Google Chrome and visit the Chrome Store to install the Grammarly browser extension. Click Add to Chrome to start the download.
- Firefox: Open Firefox and visit the Firefox Add-ons page to install the Grammarly browser extension. Click Add to Firefox to start the download. Open Safari, visit the Safari Extensions page and click Install now to install the Grammarly browser extension.
How to write for the web
HCS Website Best Practices
- Always have 3 featured stories.
- Always use an image with your feature story.
- Always have 3 top main rotation banner images.
- Always have a page title and content on pages (we can help you write this).
- Don’t use font tags use H1, H2, H3.
- Always use pdf, no word docs, and ppt (people don’t always have access to MS products) If you need to show a ppt place it on the google drive and link to it.
- Use the directory app.
- Never use dates in links
- Add Meta descriptions to all pages.
- Create pages and media with Accessibility in mind.
- Use Grammarly inline spellchecker.