Miss Dawn Meehan
(843) 293-2513 ext. 713256
The Registrar's Office is open for appointments from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. You must call or email to make an appointment prior to coming to school. Until further notice, visitors to the building are limited, and all visitors must wear a mask while in the building. Thank you!
All new students to Horry County Schools and Socastee High School must register through the Horry County Schools New Student Registration page. Please visit HCS's Registration Page for more information. If you are transferring your student from another Horry County Schools High School you must complete the new student online registration form and submit your current proof of residency along with the registration.
Registering your Student
- To register your student for school, you will need to complete the online registration form as well as upload following information at the time of enrollment: the student’s legal birth certificate, immunization records, and proof of residency for our attendance area. This should be either a utility bill, lease agreement, or your deed to your purchased property.
- All students, regardless of age, must be enrolled by a parent or authorized guardian. If you are an acting guardian, we will require proof of guardianship at the time of enrollment.
- Although not necessary at the time of registration, please provide any school transcripts, current grades, report cards, Individual Education Plans, and/or 504 plans your student may have. This aids in the process of requesting records from your student's former school.
- If you are transferring your student from another school within Horry County, you will need to upload a copy of your withdrawal form from the high school the student has left and proof of residency for your new residence.
- If you are transferring your student from an online school, you must withdraw your student from the online school prior to enrolling your student. Students cannot be enrolled in an online school and attending classes at the same time as attending Socastee High except under special circumstances dictated by Horry County Schools, i.e. HCS Virtual School - Flex.
The online registration form can be found here: Socastee High Online Enrollment Form
Withdrawing your Student
- All students must be formally withdrawn from Socastee High School prior to registering at a new High School. In order for records to be released in a timely and efficient manner please make sure that all your student’s outstanding fees and/or fines have been paid and that all technology, sports equipment, JROTC uniforms, etc. have been returned prior to withdrawal.
- Withdrawing your student must be done by a parent or guardian. Please fill out the withdrawal form here: SHS Withdrawal Form
- Please call the school at 843-293-2513 and leave a message to arrange a time to return all school materials to the school.
Records Requests and Verifications for Graduated Students
- Transcripts, Records Requests, and third party verifications for all students not currently attending a Horry County School and/or have graduated from secondary school are to be made through the Horry County Schools’ secure online request system – Need My Transcript.