Miss Dawn Meehan
(843) 293-2513 ext. 713256
New Student Registration during the COVID-19 School District Closure:
New Student Registration: The new student registration form may be found at the following site: New Student Registration Form. This form should be completed for only students who are NOT currently enrolled in Horry County Schools. Once the parent completes this form, someone from the school will contact you with your student’s schedule and additional information.
HCS students who desire to transfer from one school to another in Horry County may do so when schools are back in session.
Any questions may be sent to email@example.com.
The Registrar's Office is open from 7:45 a.m. until 3:45 p.m. Monday - Friday. It is located adjacent to the Guidance Department and accessed through the main entrance to Guidance. If you are enrolling or withdrawing a student please plan to arrive no later than 3:00 p.m. in order to have enough time to complete paperwork. Thank you!
Registering your Student
- To register your student for school, you will need to fill out enrollment paperwork along with the following information at the time of enrollment: the student’s legal birth certificate, social security card, and immunization records. We also require proof of residency for our attendance area. This should be either a utility bill, lease agreement, or your deed to your purchased property.
- All students, regardless of age, must be enrolled by a parent or authorized guardian. If you are an acting guardian, we will require proof of guardianship at the time of enrollment.
- Although not necessary at the time of registration, please bring any school transcripts, current grades, report cards, Individual Education Plans, and/or 504 plans your student may have. This aids in the process of requesting records from your student's former school.
- If you are transferring your student from another school within Horry County, you will need to bring with you a copy of your withdrawal form from the high school the student has left and proof of residency for your new residence.
- If you are transferring your student from an online school, you must withdraw your student from the online school prior to enrolling your student. Students cannot be enrolled in an online school and attending classes at the same time as attending Socastee High except under special circumstances dictated by Horry County Schools, i.e. HCS Virtual School.
Withdrawing your Student
- All students must be formally withdrawn from Socastee High School prior to registering at a new High School. In order for records to be released in a timely and efficient manner please make sure that all your student’s outstanding fees and/or fines have been paid and that all technology, sports equipment, JROTC uniforms, etc. have been returned prior to withdrawal.
- Withdrawing your student must be done by a parent or guardian in person in the Registrar’s office.
Records Requests and Verifications for Graduated Students
- Transcripts, Records Requests, and third party verifications for all students not currently attending a Horry County School and having graduated from secondary school are to be made through the Horry County Schools’ secure online request system – Need My Transcript.