• Registrar's Office     

    Miss Dawn Meehan


    (843) 293-2513 ext. 713256


    Record Requests for high school students transferring to your high school

    • If you are a high school looking for records on a student transferring into your school, please send all record requests to:
    • All requests for special education records and 504 plans are to be directed to our HCS Special Education Records Center --
      • Phone number: 843-488-6226; Fax numbers: 843-839-9745 or 843-488-6215


    Registration for Returning Students for the 2022-2023 School Year ~~

    Parents of returning students to HCS for the 22-23 may visit their Parent Portal and follow the instructions provided to register. After logging into the Portal, click on the 2022-2023 Student Registration option at the bottom left side of the computer screen.  

    If you have forgotten your login or password, please email SHRegistration@horrycountyschools.net.  Email your name and phone number as well as your student's name and date of birth.  Also, please include your user login if you know it.  This is the fastest way for us to get your password reset for you.

    Log in to register here

    Students who attended a District school for a portion of the current school year, yet did not complete the school year at HCS, are required to register as new students.  Please see the registration instructions below.


    Registration for New Students ~~

    All new students to Horry County Schools and Socastee High School must register through the Horry County Schools New Student Registration page.  Please visit HCS's Registration Page for more information.  If you are transferring your student from another Horry County Schools High School you must complete the new student online registration form and submit your current proof of residency along with the form after withdrawing from your current high school. Please note that transfers into Socastee High School for the 2022-2023 school year are only accepted for students who have physically moved into the Socastee High attendance zone.

    Registering New Students

    • To register your student for school, you will need to complete the online registration form as well as upload the following information at the time of enrollment: 
      • The student’s legal birth certificate, (if born in South Carolina, this must be the long-form, we no longer accept the short form/card);
      • Current immunization records; and,
      • Proof of Residency (POR). Please submit a POR that meets one of the following requirements:
        • A copy of a complete utility bill (electric, natural gas, or water - HTC and/or cell phone bills are not accepted) with nothing ripped off, showing your name and residential service address (not your mailing address). **If you or your family are living with a relative or friend at their address, you will need to submit the Authorization to Reside form completed by them along with a copy of their Proof of Residency;
        • A complete, signed copy of your rental/lease agreement showing the address of the unit; or
        • A copy of your deed of sale or mortgage.
    • All students, regardless of age, must be enrolled by a parent or authorized guardian.  If you are an acting guardian, we require legal court/judge-approved proof of guardianship at the time of enrollment.
    • Although not necessary at the time of registration, please provide any school transcripts, current grades, report cards, Individual Education Plans, and/or 504 plans your student may have.  This aids in the process of requesting records from your student's former school.

    A note on transferring your student from another Horry County High School or an online school:

    • If you are transferring your student from another school within Horry County, you will need to upload a copy of your withdrawal form from the high school the student has left and proof of residency for your new residence.
    • If you are transferring your student from an online school, you must withdraw your student from the online school prior to enrolling your student.  Students cannot be enrolled in an online school and attend classes at the same time as attending Socastee High except under special circumstances dictated by Horry County Schools, i.e. HCS Virtual School - Flex.

    The online registration form can be found here: Socastee High School Registration Form  

    Withdrawing your Student

    • All students must be formally withdrawn from Socastee High School prior to registering at a new high school. In order for records to be released in a timely and efficient manner, please make sure that all your student’s outstanding fees and/or fines have been paid and that all technology, sports equipment, JROTC uniforms, etc. have been returned prior to withdrawal.
    • Withdrawing your student must be done by a parent or guardian. Please fill out the withdrawal form here: 
    • Please call the school at 843-293-2513 and leave a message to arrange a time to return all school materials to the school.
    • Once we have received the withdrawal form and any technology and/or uniforms assigned to the student, academic records will be released on request to the transferring school.


    Record Requests and Verifications for Graduated Students

    • Transcripts, Records Requests, and third-party verifications for all students not currently attending a Horry County School and/or who have graduated from secondary school are to be made through the Horry County Schools’ secure online request system – Need My Transcript.
    • We are no longer able to process these requests by email, phone, or fax.  Thank you.