The Tywanza Sanders® Legacy scholarship was established in 2017 to honor the Legacy and the commitment to education of Tywanza Sanders®. Tywanza was a victim of the Emanuel Church shooting in Charleston, South Carolina. The mission of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to individuals enrolling in undergraduate study at a four-year college or university in the United States in the fall of 2020.
1. Applicants must have permanent residency in South Carolina, and must be a United States citizen.
2. Applicants must be a graduating high school senior from a South Carolina high school.
3. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
4. Applicants must be accepted into an accredited 4-year college or university in for the Fall 2020 academic semester.
5. Applicants must demonstrate a financial need using this form.
6. Applicants must submit a completed scholarship application along with the required supporting documentations.
7. Applicants must complete a 500-800 word written essay.
Deadline April 17, 2020