- Tutor.com is available to provide South Carolina schools and public libraries with homework help now through June 30, 2020.
- During this time of school closings and students learning from home due to COVID-19, TumbleBooks CEO Ron Zevy is making two collections accessible for free. TumbleMath for grades K - 6 and TeenBookCloud for grades 7 - 12 are accessible from the Discus A-Z List and the Grade Levels tab at https://www.scdiscus.org. The time limited access is available through August 31, 2020.
- College Admissions Updates https://www.nacacnet.org/college-admission-status-coronavirus
- Talking to children about COVID-19
- Learning at home resource for families
- New Student Registration for the current school year (2019-2020): The new student registration form may be found at the following site: New Student Registration Form. This form should be completed for only students who are NOT currently enrolled in a Horry County Schools for this current school year (2019-2020). Once the parent completes this form, someone from the school will contact you with your student’s schedule and additional information. HCS students who desire to transfer from one school to another in Horry County may do so when schools are back in session. Any questions may be sent to email@example.com.
- Get Connected. Get Help. 211 - Services like SC 2-1-1 are critical during times of emergency. If you live in Horry County and are in need of assistance to access basic needs, residents can call 2-1-1. Operators will refer callers to our local organizations best equipped to address your specific health and human services needs including food, shelter, energy assistance, housing, parenting resources, health care, employment, substance abuse treatment, as well as specific resources for older adults and for persons with disabilities, and much more. Simply dial 2-1-1 or TTY 866-892-9211 for assistance. SC 2-1-1 cannot provide direct medical services, and COVID-19 can only be diagnosed by a health care professional.
Emotional Wellbeing During the COVID-19 Outbreak