2022-2023 Kindergarten Registration Information
If your child attended the early childhood special education (ECSE) or child development (CD) program/s during the 2021-22 school year, they are considered a returning student and do not have to complete this pre-registration process. You will simply need to register them on May 4 as a returning student.
Kindergarten registration is open. Phase one of kindergarten registration includes submitting information and required documentation. Kindergarten registration for the 2022-2023 school year is online. However, if you need assistance with online registration, please contact the school where you will be registering your child.
Please note that your child must be:
- Five (5) years-old by September 1, 2022 to be in kindergarten.
- Six (6) years-old by September 1, 2022 to be in 1st grade.
Preparing for Kindergarten Registration
- Gather the required documents.
- Child’s legal birth certificate
- Child’s shot record
- Child's Medicaid card (if applicable)
- Proof of residency (utility bill, rental or lease agreement).
- The child’s social security card is requested, but not required.
- Identify the elementary or early childhood school in your attendance area using the HCS School Finder tool.
Completing Online Forms for Kindergarten Registration
The online registration form allows you to enter and submit all information electronically. Submitting your information online will expedite processing and is strongly encouraged.
- Create and/or log in to your Google Gmail account to access the online application.
- Learn how to create a Google account HERE.
- Prepare digital copies of the required documents. (Click here for steps to scan your documents using your mobile device)
- Label each item you plan to upload with your child’s name.
- Scan the documents or take a picture with your phone.
- Save the digital copies to your computer or other device.
- Learn how to upload your documents in this brief tutorial.
- Choose your attendance area school from the list below and click the application link.
- Complete the online kindergarten registration form.
- Type your responses directly into the online form.
- Upload the required documents as directed in specific sections.
- Submit the registration form.
- Monitor your email for instructions from your school regarding phase two of kindergarten registration.
Once you have completed the registration and receive a Snapcode from your school, click here to complete the registration process.
Parents can call the child's school and leave a voice message for a return call.
2022-23 Kindergarten Registration Links
Carolina Forest Elementary
Green Sea Floyds Elementary
Myrtle Beach Early Childhood School
Ocean Bay Elementary
Ocean Drive Elementary
Palmetto Bays Elementary
Pee Dee Elementary
River Oaks Elementary
South Conway Elementary
St. James Elementary