Myrtle Beach Primary’s Summer Reading Program
Dear MBP Seahawk Parents and Students:
Research shows students may experience a “summer slide”, or decline in reading skills, over summer break. The good news is that it’s easy to beat the “summer slide” – just by reading some great books! Rising 1st and 2nd graders have the opportunity to participate in our Summer Reading Program: “Imagine Your Story”.
Here is how you can join in the reading fun
• Read for 300 minutes (10 hours). You may also count the time you spend reading to your child. Record the time you spend reading on the attached Student Reading Log.
• Choose your two favorite books and complete the attached Reading Response organizer for those two books.
• Play Reading Bingo (see attached sheet). Check off each box as you complete the activity. Get four checked boxes in a row and win a prize!
- Turn in a completed Student Reading Log and two Reading Response sheets and earn an ice cream party when school resumes!
- Turn in a completed Reading Bingo sheet and you may choose a free Scholastic book to keep!
- (All Summer Reading Program materials should be returned to Mrs. Campen in the Library Learning Commons by Aug. 21st)
Happy Reading! Mrs. Campen, Library Media Specialist
Check out this message from Mrs. Greene-Graham