Getting Ready for High School Athletics and Return to Play
Horry County Schools High School Sports will return on June 22, 2020 beginning with Phase 1 - conditioning for High School football, in preparation for the 2020 season. Other fall sports will follow beginning on July 6, 2020.
Requirements for all athletes to be eligible for participation:
- All athletes are required to have a completed PLANETHS account, a current physical dated after April 1, 2020, and a signed parent permission form.
- All athletes must also have a signed HCS Assumption of Risk Waiver for Athletics form. This form may be presented to the coach on June 22.
- Athletes must be on time and appropriately dressed for an active workout.
- Locker rooms will NOT BE available for use.
- Athletes must possess their own face mask or covering to be worn at all times except during athletic activity.
- Daily temperature and symptom screening will be conducted as athletes arrive on campus.
- Athletics must bring their own water bottle filled each day; labeled with their name.
- Athletes must be a great teammate on and off the field.
- Inform the Athletic Trainer and Coach if you have symptoms or exposure.
- Come to practice prepared.
- Understand your role.
- Practice appropriate sanitation.
- Wash hands and perform proper hygiene.
- Practice social distancing.
- Limit exposure as much as possible.
- Use hand sanitizer.
We appreciate your flexibility and patience. Our ultimate goal is to allow all Horry County School athletes to safely return to participation in preparation for the 2020 fall season. Any questions should be directed to your child’s coach or athletic director.