Students enrolled in South Carolina high schools shall have the opportunity to earn graduation Seals of Distinction within each high school diploma pathway that identifies a particular area of focus, beginning with students entering the ninth grade during 2018–19 school year.
South Carolina Academic Achievement Honors Award
- complete twenty-four units of credit as prescribed meet the standard on all subtests of the Exit Examination;
- receive a minimum grade of “B” for each semester course in grades 9–12 through the seventh semester;
- achieve either a score of 710 or higher on the SAT
verbal, a score of 690 or higher on the SAT mathematics, a score of 30 or higher on the ACT English, or a score of 33 or higher on the ACT mathematics;
- each student shall have completed twenty-four units of high school credit;
- be eligible for graduation with a state high school
- have a combined score of 1400 on the SAT verbal and
math sections, or an ACT composite score of 31.
*Of the twenty-four units earned, eighteen units must be college preparatory coursework, four units in additional electives, and two units in one or more of the following: English, science, social studies, or mathematics.