Students enrolled in South Carolina high schools shall have the opportunity to earn graduation Seals of Distinction within each high school diploma pathway that identifies a particular area of focus, beginning with students entering the ninth grade during 2018–19 school year.
HCS Honors Certificate of Recognition (must meet ALL of the following, not valid after the 2020 - 2021 school year)
- GPA = or > 4.0
- Sat V + M > 1000 or ACT Composite > 22
- Five or more math courses
- Four or more credit bearing science courses
- Three or more courses at the AP, IB, or Dual Credit level. Two of the three must be at the AP or IB level.
- Three or more courses in the same foreign language or four courses in two different foreign languages.
- At least 28 high school credits
- Show evidence of participation in at least one school-sponsored organization during grades 10-12 or complete 50 hours of approved community service during high school years
South Carolina Academic Achievement Honors Award
- complete twenty-four units of credit as prescribed meet the standard on all subtests of the Exit Examination;
- receive a minimum grade of “B” for each semester course in grades 9–12 through the seventh semester;
- achieve either a score of 710 or higher on the SAT
verbal, a score of 690 or higher on the SAT mathematics, a score of 30 or higher on the ACT English, or a score of 33 or higher on the ACT mathematics;
- each student shall have completed twenty-four units of high school credit;
- be eligible for graduation with a state high school
- have a combined score of 1400 on the SAT verbal and
math sections, or an ACT composite score of 31.
*Of the twenty-four units earned, eighteen units must be college preparatory coursework, four units in additional electives, and two units in one or more of the following: English, science, social studies, or mathematics.