Student Grading and Assessment
Elementary schools will use the following term weights and minimum number of assignments:
- Practice grades: 50% with a minimum of 5 assignments
- Mid-level grades: 30% with a minimum of 3 assignments
- Summative grades: 20% with a minimum of 2 assignments
Middle and high schools will use the following term weights and minimum number of assignments in each category:
- High grades: 50% with a minimum of 3 assignments
- Mid-level grades; 30% with a minimum of 6 assignments
- Practice grades: 20% with a minimum of 6 assignments
Term weighting for virtual classes will follow the HCS Virtual grading practices. There will be a final exam for all classes receiving high school credit.
- HCS will administer the Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA) Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) assessment to all students in grades K-9 within the first ten instructional days of the 2020-21 school year.
- This assessment is intended to provide information to educators regarding the present levels of performance of students and to identify any gaps in learning.
- Assessment data resulting from this administration of MAP will inform instructional decisions made in the first semester of the 2020-21 school year.