Hybrid Instructional Model
HCS is looking at the below three scenarios this fall to ensure the safety of our students and employees.
1 - Low Spread
Full-Time Face-to-Face Instruction
• Students will participate in a full-time face-to-face traditional model of
instruction (five days a week).
2 - Medium Spread
Limited Face-to-Face Instruction
• Students will participate in a combination of face-to-face and distance learning while practicing enhanced safety and health precautions.
• Students will attend in-school face-to-face sessions 2-days a week on assigned days and engage in distance learning on others.
• Students will be placed into groups: Group A, Group B, and *Group G. By dividing students into groups, fewer students will be attending school on a given day, and social distancing can be maintained in the classroom and throughout the school.
3 - High Spread
Full-Time Distance Learning
• Students will participate in full-time distance learning.
• Students’ assigned teachers will provide instruction and assignments through a district-supported learning system (i.e., Google Classroom, and/or Seesaw) and communicate through digital tools.
• Students will be required to attend virtual class sessions on a regular basis and may be required to view instructional videos or join streaming class sessions during the week.
Five-day Hybrid Instructional Model Schedule
*Students in Group G are special populations that have been identified as needing additional instructional support.