COVID-19 DashboardsThe health and well-being of our students and employees are top priorities for Horry County Schools. As one means for having a better understanding of the health of our learning environments, the district is closely monitoring COVID-19 positive test results which HCS nurses have confirmed with the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC). We believe this information provides the district with a local data point for understanding the degree of disease spread within our school communities.
The numbers in the Horry County Schools COVID-19 Case Dashboard indicate totals for both current and cumulative positive staff and student COVID-19 cases reported for each school site. The disease activity data reported on this dashboard, beginning on September 4, 2020, are compiled and updated daily at 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 P.M. by Horry County Schools. Information regarding statewide recent disease activity is provided courtesy of SCDHEC. HCS Dashboard data may differ from the SCDHEC report which is generated two times per week for South Carolina schools.
COVID-19 Parent Notification Protocol
Notification of Symptoms & Cases
- School nurses and district health services staff will communicate directly with the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC) to determine the next steps in each situation.
- The SCDHEC exclusion and notification guidance will be followed.
- The SCDHEC re-entry guidance will be followed when a child is ready to re-enter school after being excluded for a case or symptoms of COVID-19.
- School nurses will comply with HIPPA regulations in the handling of COVID-19 cases.
- Download the COVID-19 Parent Notification Process Flyer
- Download the COVID-19 Parent Notification Process (Spanish)