- Guidance Newsletters
- AHS Guidance General Information
- IGP Resources and Information
- Course Guide
- Transcript Requests for All Students
- Career Guidance
- College/University Information
- HGTC Transfer
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
- NCAA Athletics Information
- PACE Information/Forms
- Welding Program
- Aynor High School
Please remember to forward a copy of your scholarship award letters and college acceptance letters to your school counselor. This includes all the scholarships you have been offered (even if you do not intend to accept the scholarship from that college or university). IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE KEEP TRACK OF YOUR TOTAL EARNINGS. THANK YOU!
Beware of Scholarship Scams
Scam Warning Signs:
- You have to pay a fee.
- Money-Back Guarantee
- Credit Card/Bank Account Information Required
- Offers Exclusive Information
- Phony Scholarship - promises cash if you pay a registration fee
- Phony Scholarship Matching Service - pay a fee and they guarantee you will win awards
- Phony Educational Loan - pay a fee and receive a low interest loan
- Phony Financial Aid Seminar - a high pressure, poorly concealed sales pitch
Scholarship Search Engines
College Greenlight- College Greenlight is a FREE online college and scholarship database designed for first generation, underrepresented students and the organizations and counselors that support them.
Paying for college-Paying for college can be one of the toughest parts of earning your degree—but it doesn’t have to be. Use our tips, tools, and articles to stay up to date on the best ways to pay for college, including scholarships, savings, grants, loans, and more.
AHS Scholarship List (Updated Frequently)
SCHOLARSHIPS & GRANTS FOR SC RESIDENTS (LIFE and PALMETTO FELLOWS)
Financial Aid Links
- Federal Student Aid - Federal Student Aid Site
- FinAid - student aid resource site
- FAFSA - online FAFSA application
Online Education Links
For Minority, Low-Income, First Generation Student
- FinAid for Minority Students - minority aid site
- Hispanic Fund - Hispanic resources for college aid
- UNCF - United Negro College Fund
- AIMD - American Institute for Managing Diversity
- AIHEC - American Indian Higher Education Consortium
- GMSP - Gates Millennium Scholars Fund
- HSF - Hispanic scholarships
- HACU- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- TOEFL - Test of English as a foreign language
- Native Culture - Tribal Colleges, Native Studies Programs, and Indian Education
Scholarship for Sports Majors
The PrimePutt Scholarship for Sports Majors is a $1,000 scholarship that’s open to all students that are majoring in sports or a sports-adjacent subject. The deadline to apply is January 15, 2023 and winners will be announced on February 1, 2023.
The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) awards 30 college scholarships ($2,000 each) every year to students in the National Telecommunications Cooperative Association’s (NTCA) service area. As your local telecommunications service provider, it is HTC’s pleasure to offer this national scholarship program once again to the students in your school. Should a student from the HTC service area be selected to receive a scholarship, we will contribute an additional $500 to the scholarship, bringing the total one-time award to $2,500.
The FRS Scholarship Application is now available online. Students can visit https://www.htcinc.net/frs to submit an application. , the applicant should search for
The FRS Scholarship Application deadline is
The PC Promise: A Full Tuition Scholarship for students to attend Presbyterian College.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: February 15th, 2023
The PC Promise is a partnership between Presbyterian College and First Presbyterian Church of Myrtle Beach that provides (2) tuition-free scholarships each academic year.
Each year the First Presbyterian Church of Myrtle Beach pledges financial support which will enable deserving students to attend Presbyterian College.
Each scholarship is renewable for four years.
The student (or family) would only be responsible for room, board, and fees. In addition, this non-tuition amount (room, board and fees) remains constant at the first year’s rate.
In short, students awarded these scholarships will receive over three-fourths of the total cost to attend this outstanding school.
To Apply for the PC Promise Scholarship you must:
Apply to Presbyterian College and receive admission.
Complete the PC Promise Application at https://www.myrtlebeachpresbyterianchurch.org/pc-promise/
All applicants will be contacted. Awards will be granted no later than March 15th, 2023.
For any questions about PC Promise Scholarship and application process contact Macy Cottom at 843-946-6037
South Carolina Federal Credit Union Scholarship
Deadline: February 1, 2023-Amount of scholarship varies
Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union and HTC, Inc. have partnered to offer scholarship awards to two graduating high school seniors from Horry, Georgetown, Marion, Williamsburg, or the southern part of Florence County. Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to two rising college freshmen attending either Coastal Carolina University or Francis Marion University for their four-year degree. The scholarships may be renewed for three consecutive years in the amount of $500 per year should the award recipients continue to meet the qualifying criteria. The total scholarship amount each student may receive over a four-year period is $2,500.
Application packets will be distributed to high school guidance counselors and will include applicant eligibility requirements, an application form, and two letters of reference forms. Click here to download the 2023 Key Scholarship application. All materials must be postmarked by March 3, 2023 and should be directed to:
ATTN: Key Scholarship Committee
PO Box 8941
Myrtle Beach, SC 29578
HEC W.I.R.E. Scholarship Application
Open to high school graduating students living in a home served by Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc. and who are planning to attend Coastal Carolina University or Horry-Georgetown Technical College. There are multiple pages to the online form. The first page outlines the criteria for the scholarship program. Deadline: March 1, 2023
Abhi Khune Underrepresented Minorities Scholarship
To help diversify the occupation, this scholarship will aid 5 African American Women seeking a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, or Computer Information Sciences. Each winner will receive $2000 to aid them in their educational journey while obtaining their bachelor's degree. Deadline: March 1, 2023 Eligibility Requirements: Female,Education Level:Undergraduate
Horatio Alger State Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for a Horatio Alger State Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria*:
The undergraduate application is available annually from December 1 to March 15. https://scholars.horatioalger.org/about-our-scholarship-programs/state-scholarships/
Sigma Gamm Rho Sorority Inc., “Sigma Soar for Success” Scholarship.
This is a one-time scholarship offer that the sorority is looking to award to an Horry County Schools student. Deadline: March 10, 2023
Waccamaw Community Foundation,
The Waccamaw Region's only community foundation, will open its applications for eight scholarships. Students can apply online via a web-based application portal, which is accessed through WCF’s web site www.waccamawcf.org from Monday, January 16, 2023 through Friday, March 3, 2023. Recipients will be notified at the end of May.
Boone Foundation Scholarship
Type: Renewable scholarship
Boone Foundation Scholarship Awards are available to residents of South Carolina according to the following criteria.
● Preference to students from Horry County.
● Must be enrolled in a graduate degree program in law or the performing arts at the University of South Carolina, George Washington University, Converse College, or Winthrop University.
● Minimum grade point average of 3.5.
● Demonstrate financial need.
● Nominations must be received through the institution’s Office of Financial Aid.
Scholarship Renewal Provisions
- The recipient is still pursuing a graduate degree in law or the performing arts.
- The recipient continues to maintain a minimum 3.5 grade point average.
- The recipient still qualifies for financial aid.
Type: Renewable Scholarship
This renewable scholarship is to be awarded to a graduating high school senior or current student at the University of South Carolina’s School of Engineering.
● Applicant must attend the University of South Carolina and enrolled in the School of Engineering.
● A GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale is required.
● Applicant must have ties to either Georgetown or Horry County.
Type: One-time Scholarship
The Felix and Juantia Rhue Scholarship Awards are available to residents of Georgetown County and based on the following criteria:
● Candidate will be an African American high school senior, residing in Georgetown County, S.C., attending a Georgetown County school, with a minimum GPA of 2.5 or better, and planning to enroll in an accredited four-year institution in the U.S. Standardized test scores will also be a consideration.
● Involvement in extra-curricular and community activities, and leadership roles, based on student’s self-reporting and letters of recommendation.
● Financial need, based on personal financial information provided by the student in the application. Student employment experience should be stated and will be a consideration, though not a requirement.
● Character and personality, based on letters of recommendation.
● Personal aspirations and ability to overcome obstacles, based on letters of recommendation.
The Sun News Educational Foundation Scholarship Endowment
Type: One-time scholarship
This is an annual scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 to be awarded to graduating seniors from high schools in Horry and Georgetown counties entering as full-time students a two-year/junior, technical/community, or four-year college in accordance with the following criteria:
a) 30% - Community Involvement based on student’s self-report and letters of recommendation.
b) 30% - Leadership qualities as demonstrated in the school-setting as well as in the community based on the student’s personal essay, letters of recommendation, and candidate interview.
c) 25% - Personal aspirations and ability to overcome obstacles, based on student’s personal essay, letters of recommendation, and candidate interview.
d) 15% - Academic achievement, ability, and performance, based on GPA and standardized test scores.
Mildred E. Swatko Memorial Scholarship
Type: Renewable Scholarship
This renewable scholarship is awarded to a student enrolled in the Nursing or Golf Course programs at Horry-Georgetown Technical College.
● Applicant must have maintained a “C” average or better in high school.
● Must demonstrate financial need.
● Preference for this scholarship is to Nursing Program students.
● No more than 250-word essay establishing why they deserve the scholarship.● To receive this scholarship for each academic year, student must remain in good standing with a minimum of a 2.8 GPA or higher.
For more information about these scholarship opportunities, please contact the Foundation staff at 843-357-4483 or email@example.com.
Deadline March 3 For Rule: Rules
For Application: Click Here
Student Insights Scholarship
Student Insights will award the following prizes: (Select your state below to apply)
It is exceptionally easy to apply:
- One (1) individual prize of a $5000 scholarship.
- Two (2) individual prize of a $1,000 scholarship.
- Ten (10) individual prizes, consisting of $500 scholarships each
* NO minimum SAT or ACT score
* NO minimum grade point average
* NO lengthy, time-consuming paperwork
* NO essays
* NO application fees
Simply complete a 15-25 minute online survey about local colleges. You will then be automatically entered into a random drawing for a scholarship award.
Click on a state name or the map below to access your scholarship survey.
DEADLINE: APRIL 23, 2023
Miles For Miles Scholarship
The Miles for Miles Scholarship was founded in memory of Kenneth (Miles) Davis and is designed to recognize and promote ethics and integrity among young people. Miles for Miles Foundation® will award an annual scholarship to a graduating Aynor High School Senior who exemplifies outstanding quality character traits in their personal choices and actions.
- Money is awarded directly toward educational expenses (tuition or Room/ Board) at any Accredited Institution.
- The recipient is required to be enrolled in an educational institution beginning the first fall quarter/ trimester/ semester immediately following graduation.
- The student may determine where and when to apply the scholarship funds throughout the school year.
- It is a one-time $1,000 non-renewable award.
Deadline April 10, 2023
Applications can be found Here
“With My Sisters – B3” Scholarship
With My Sisters, Inc. seeks to assist young women who exemplify wisdom, motivation, and strength in pursuing their educational goals. We will award $500 Scholarships to two (2) qualified high school girls desiring to further their education in either a Trade School, Jr College, Community College or University setting. Deadline : May 1, 2023
Horry-Conway County Farm Bureau is awarding 3 $1,000 scholarships to seniors whose parents or legal guardians are Farm Bureau members in our local area. to become a member visit or call our Horry-Conway Farm Bureau office. The applicant must already be accepted to college in or out of state.Applications are due by June 1st.--
Pittsburgh Steelers and former University of Southern California WR JuJu Smith-Schuster is dedicated to giving his all on the field for his teammates, and off the field for his community. In 2019, he created The JuJu Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to the support of youth initiatives and lifting the spirits of those in need.
Today, JuJu and his foundation are partnering with Bold.org to help students achieve their educational dreams. The JuJu Foundation Scholarship will help four students who are facing economic hardship to pay for their education with $5,000 each.
All current high school and undergraduate students studying in the US who face financial challenges in paying for their education are welcome to apply.
Please click the link below for more information and the application form.
Applications are due by June 30th 2021