Rarely does a week pass without another well-known college or university making headlines by announcing that it will no longer require applicants to submit standardized test scores. This movement, known as going “test-optional,” actually began almost 50 years ago and has rapidly gained momentum over the last decade.
If you are considering subtracting the SAT/ACT from your admissions equation, you need to first make sure that you fully grasp:
- Which prestigious/elite schools are test-optional?
- Which schools are currently "test-optional"?
- Why do colleges go test-optional?
- Will test-optional policies benefit you?
- What is the difference between test-optional and test-flexible?
- Will I get less merit aid if I do not submit SAT/ACT scores?
Here are a few articles that you may find interesting regarding your decison to apply as "Test Optional"