Program for Accelerated College Enrollment (PACE) provides opportunities for qualified high school seniors to get a head start on college by taking college credit courses that will also meet high school graduation requirements. PACE college courses are a valuable opportunity for students that will require personal responsibility and commitment to ensure success. PACE grades are included in the student’s high school GPA/Rank and will be weighted as Dual Credit/Advanced Placement (AP) in accordance with the SC Uniform Grading Scale. Failure to complete these courses with a “C” or better may result in a lower overall GPA and ineligibility or loss of financial aid later on. In addition, PACE grades will appear on the student’s college transcript and are important to their overall college GPA. Students will be responsible for completing all parts of the online application and providing supporting documentation.
If you have any questions please contact:
Mrs. Wood @ LWood001@horrycountyschools.net
Advantages of the PACE Program
- Earn credits now that apply to high school and college degree requirements;
- Reduce the course load during your college freshman and sophomore years, improving your ability to meet and maintain the “B” average required for LIFE or other scholarships;
- Provide a smooth transition from high school to the academic demands of college;
- Boost your high school GPA/Class Rank;
- Improve your SAT scores;
- Guarantee college credit with successful course completion in one semester.
- Reduce overall college costs significantly.
HGTC Contact Information
Ann Reed Springs
PACE Program Director
Dual Enrollment Director
Prior to PACE classes beginning, students will need to:
- Purchase textbooks at the campus bookstore if textbooks are not provided by their high school guidance counselor.
- Obtain an HGTC Student ID and parking decal if attending classes on the HGTC campus or are taking classes online. Students must bring their Student ID “H” number included in the PACE acceptance letter along with a photo ID on a driver’s license or state issued ID to obtain their campus ID. Students must bring their vehicle registration, and driver’s license to obtain a decal. Student ID's & parking decals may be obtained on any HGTC campus between 8am-5pm, Monday - Thursday during the summer months.
- TECH Central & Public Safety Hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:45 am- 5 pm and Fridays 8 am - 12:30 pm
Technical Assistance with your WaveNet Log In information (password) or D2L contact at 843-349-TECH (8324)