Myrtle Beach High Dress Code/Policy
Student dress should be confined to clothes that are reasonable, practical, and in good taste for school. School attire should reflect good taste, cleanliness, and comfort.
The school will make judgments and decisions as needed to preserve the health, safety, and decorum of students. Stu- dent cooperation is expected in the following areas:
- All students are required to wear appropriate footwear for school (no slippers).
- All shirts and tops must cover the midriff at all times. The following are examples of clothing that is unacceptable: tank tops w/ straps thinner than 2 inches, strap- less, spaghetti straps, off-the-shoulder, cut-out designslow-cut shirts, bare-back, fishnet stockings, sheer or mesh clothing that does not have an appropriate blouse or shirt underneath, etc.
- All pants and shorts must fit at the waist. No sagging or low riding pants or shorts will be permitted. Clothing must cover undergarments when sitting, standing, or bending.
- Hemlines and slits on dresses, skirts, and shorts (including bike shorts) above mid-thigh are not accepta- ble. Length cannot be shorter than the tip of the fingers when arms are placed straight at the sides of the body.
- Pants may not have holes that are visible above the tip of the fingers when arms are placed straight at the sides of the body. Leggings, or form fitting pants must be
- worn with a shirt that covers the student’s hips.
- Head wear (including scarves, bandanas, or other head dressings) may not be brought on to campus, unless approved by the principal. Headwear that does not com- ply with the dress code will be confiscated whether or not a student is wearing the item.
- Hoods from sweatshirts or jackets may not be worn in the building for any reason, as this presents a safety hazard with identifying students.. Clothing and hair accessories that are unsafe and/or dangerous are not permitted.
- Clothing or jewelry that depicts any “gang style” writing; illegal activity; sexually related or obscene gestures and material; tobacco; drugs; alcohol; or words, pictures, or phrases that depicts violence or intimidation may not be worn.
- Any body piercing that presents a safety issue or major distraction will not be allowed.
- 1st Offense – Teacher Managed
- 2nd Offense- Teacher Managed/Parent Contact
- 3rd Offense-Referral/Suspension Pending Parent Conference
- 4th Offense- Referral/1 block ISS
- 5th Offense-Referral/ISS 1 day
- 6th Offense-Referral/ISS 3 days
- 7th Offense-Referral/OSS 1 day
- 8th Offense-Referral/OSS 2 days
- 9th Offense – Referral/Expulsion Hearing