What Elementary Parents Should Know
with the Return to 5-Days, Face-to-Face Instruction
(This does not impact HCS Virtual Program students. They remain on 100% remote learning)
Daily procedures will remain the same:
- Bell Schedule
- Check your school's Bell Schedule here.
- Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
- Now that Elementary Groups A, B, and G will be returning five-days a week, there will be more car traffic in the car rider lines. We ask parents to allow more time when arriving at the school.
- View school bus stops and times here.
- Face coverings are required.
- The South Carolina Department of Education has not made any changes or updates to the school bus capacity since the AccerateED Task Force's approval. The school bus capacity remains at 67 percent. View our HCS Re-Opening Plan and the section that discusses transportation here.
- Specials (music, art, etc.)
- Most specialty teachers will continue to visit classrooms.
- Recess procedures will not change.
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Breakfast meals will continue to be delivered to the classrooms or handed out in the entrance areas as students arrive at school.
- Lunch meals will also continue to be delivered to the classrooms
- Students will continue to eat their meals in the classroom.
- Pre-Health Screenings
- Face Coverings
- Schools will require face coverings for all students, staff, contracted vendors, and visitors. Student face coverings may be removed upon teacher or administrator direction while in the classroom or during special activities outside the classroom. See more here.
- Bell Schedule