“Rock” Your BWMS School Spirit!
BWMS is proud to present the Black Water Middle School Spirit Rock! Located at the main entrance of our school, the Spirit Rock can be used to publicly celebrate and recognize your student in a fun way. The Spirit Rock can be reserved for one day or one week. All proceeds will benefit BWMS students in need through the Helping Hands program.
Here are some examples of how the Spirit Rock can be used!
● Thank Yous
● Spread holiday cheer
● Good luck wishes, congratulations, or achievements
BWMS Spirit Rock Policies and Procedures:
1. Daily reservations cost $15 per day or weekly reservations are for 5 consecutive days at $60 per week
2. Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. The calendar for reservations is below. Parents are responsible for making sure the date wanted is available.
3. BWMS reserves the right to reserve certain calendar days in advance. These dates will be displayed as "reserved" on the calendar.
4. Payment is due when the reservation is made to hold the date on a first come-first served basis. Payments can be made on my payments plus. All payments and reservations are non-refundable for any reason (for example- inclement weather, school cancellation, etc.). However, if you wish to “sell” your paid reservation to another person, you are free to transfer your reservation.
5. Only one person per day may reserve the Spirit Rock. You may begin painting the Spirit Rock at 4:00 p.m. on the day before your reserved day and your message will be displayed until 4:00 p.m. the next day. For example, if you reserve the Spirit Rock for January 26th, you will have the Spirit Rock beginning at 4:00 p.m. on January 25th through 4:00 p.m. on January 26th. Reservation reminders will not be sent by the school or the Helping Hands program!
6. You are responsible for providing your own painting materials, and ONLY the Spirit Rock may be painted! *We recommend acrylic paint for decorating the spirit rock. HOWEVER, it should not have glitter and it should not have a tacky dry. The person holding the reservation assumes liability for any person involved in painting the Spirit Rock (i.e person who may become injured, obtain damaged clothing, or damaging BWMS property).
7. All artwork must be in line with the HCS/BWMS handbook standards and should be appropriate for school sponsored events. No bullying, profanity, obscenity, or derogatory language will be permitted. In the event that your display is not in line with these guidelines, the Spirit Rock will be painted over without notice, your message will not be displayed, and a refund will not be provided. BWMS will regularly monitor the Spirit Rock to ensure paintings fall within the established guidelines. BWMS assumes no responsibility for unauthorized painting of the artwork.
By reserving a date, you agree to adhere to ALL of the above-listed policies and procedures.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Weaks at 843-903-8440 or by email at KWeaks@horrycountyschools.net.
Thank you for supporting BWMS Helping Hands. We hope the Spirit Rock will become a fun tradition for our school community for years to come.
*On some devices, you may not be able to view reservation details. If that is the case, you will see Busy rather than Reserved on the calendar. If you need to confirm your reservation, please contact Ms. Weaks at 843-903-8440 or by email at KWeaks@horrycountyschools.net.