Information on undergraduate scholarships and grants, Life Scholarship, Lottery Tuition Assistance, Hope Scholarship, Palmetto Fellows Scholarship and Scholarship Enhancement.
Current Scholarship Opportunities:
Due Date Scholarship Description October 2019 10.5.2019 Console & Hollawell Legal Leaders Scholarship
Students pursuing a law related degree, US citizen,Copy of college acceptance letter. Scholarship up to $1,000
The dealine for the 10th annual AES Scholarship is October 7, 2015
10.15.2019 Mercer University School of Engineering
Scholarships in engineering or technical communication will be awarded. Test scores,strong,academic potential, flair for problem solving, teamwork and creativity.
10.21.2019 Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc International High school Essay Contest
Students are to write an essay entitled "What can be done to asssure that American citizens do not lose their voting rights and that they regain any rights that have been lost in recent legislative changes?"
The essay must be original and neither previously published nor secured by copyright. The essay must be between 700 and 750 words in length. There will be four college scholarship awards in the following amounts.
- 1st scholarship-$5,000
- 2nd scholarship-$3,000
- 3rd scholarship-$2,000
- 4th scholarship-$1,000
- Applications are in guidance
10.25.2019 Horatio Alger South Carolina Scholarship
Amount of scholarship-Award value up to $20,000
- High school graduation in the spring/summer of 2016 with plans to enter college in the U.S. no later than the fall following graduation
- Intending to pursue a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution (Students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Critical financial need, preferably $55,000 or lower adjust gross income per family
- Involvement in co-curricular and community services activies
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- U.S. citizen
10.31.2019 COCA-COLA Scholars Program
Amount of Scholarship- $10,000 or $20,000 over period of four years
- Be a U.S. Citizen and a high school senior graduating in 2016
- Carry a minimum 3.00 GPA at the end of his/her junior year
- Be planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- May not be children or grandchildren of employees, officers or owners of Coca-Cola bottling companies, the Coca-Cola Company or any bottler or company division or subsidiaries.
10.28.2019 Sun Trust Scholarship Sweepstakes
30 scholarship to be given every two weeks from October 31- May 15, 2016. Students will be attending a two year or four year college
November 2019 11.15.2019 Erskine College Presidential Scholarship
Worth nearly $200,000 in tuition, room board and fees over four years. Two awards will be granted along with several other scholarships.
- http://visit.erskine.edu/apply/application-process/-Submit an application and request, official transcript and test scores be sent to admissions office. A short personal statement is required, essay and interview.
- After completing step 1, go to http://visit.erskine.edu/apply/presidential-scholarship/ to upload resume and presendential essay. The essay topic and information can be found on that link. Those selected for advancement will be invited to the Semi-Finals Competition to be held January 10, 2016
11.7.2019 The Belk Scholarship
The John M. Belk is Davidson's most prestigious merit program. Covering the comprehensive cost of attending Davidson (room, board, tuition, and fees), Belk Scholarship is valued at over 63,000 in 2016-17. Scholars also recieve two special-study stipends of $3,000 each.
11.24.2019 Francis Marion McNair Scholars Program
Seniors with 1100+ math/reading or 24 ACT. SC resident, career in public service, commit to study abroad and learning opportunities at FMU. This is an honors program and essay and personal interview will be required.
Elks National Foundation Valuable Student Scholarship Amount of Scholarship- that range from $1,000 per year to $15,000 per year for four years. Must be high school senior and U.S. Citizen. December 2019 12.1.2019 McNair Scholars Program
The McNair Scholarships cover tuition, fees, and room and board. The McNair Scholars will be part of the Francis Marion Honors Program, which provides the university's highest-performing students unique curriculum that includes experiential learning opportunities outside the classroom.
To be eligible to apply for the McNair Scholarship, the student must
- be high school senior with 1100 or higher score (Critical Reading and Math combined) on the SAT or a Composite score of 24 or higher on the ACT;
- have a high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- be South Carolina resident;
- have an interest in a career in public service, broadly defined; and
- be willing to commit to study abroad and service learning opportunities while enrolled at FMU
12.02.2019 (Cerra) South Carolina Teaching Fellows Program
Amount of Scholarship-up to $6,000 annual scholarships for four years.
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors who are legal residents of SC and will be attending college as freshmen in fall of 2016
- Must be completing a degree leading to teacher certification and agree to teach in SC public schools one year for each year the fellowship is received
- Must attend one of the 11 Teaching Fellows Institution- Anderson University, Charleston Southern University, College of Charleston, Coastal Carolina University, Columbia College, Francis Marion University, Lander University, Newberry College, USC Aiken, USC-Columbia, USC Upstate, and Winthrop.
12.1.2019 Momentum Scholarship
Young women planning to attend Columbia College and demonstrate courage, movtivation, commitment. Up to full tuition
12.1.2019 George W. Jenkins Scholarship Program
Graduating Senior who has overcome significant adversity to achieve academic excellence. Strong work ethic, participate in school and community service, high financial need and apply to Universityof Miami. Amount of scholarship include tuition and fees, on campus room and board, and a $2,050 stipend per semester. Atr Um that totals more than $55,000 annually.
- Must be resident of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama and Tennesse
- Minimum weighted GPA of 3.75 on a 4.0 scale and a well-rounded college prepartory curriculum
AXA Achievement Scholarship
- Current high school seniors who plan to enroll full-time in a an accredited two year or four year college or university in the United States for entire 2015-2016 academic year
Kittie Moss Fairey Educational Fund Scholarship
- Applicants must be high school senior enrolled in a South Carolina high school
- Applicants must be South Carolina residents
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale through spring semester 2014
- Applicants must have a combined SAT of 1800 and a composite score of 26 on the ACT
- Applicant's parents must have a household adjusted gross income not exceeding $40,000
- Applicants must be planning to attend an accredited, four-year college or university in South Carolina
Ron Brown Scholarship Program
Amount of Scholarship-$10,000
- African american high school senior
- Must excel academically, exhibit exceptional leadership potential, participate in community service, exhibit financial need.
The Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund
Complete application and get details
1.15.2020 SC Association of Educational Office Professions Maran Garrett Student Scholarship
Students who plans to pursure a degree in business field, US citizen and resident of SC. Application and official transcript required. Scholarship up to $1,000. Student must have a C average B average in business courses.
Army ROTC Four Year Scholarship
Amount-can consist of full tution scholarhsip, option for room and board in place of tuition, allowances for books and fees, and monthly living allowance
- U.S. citizen between ages of 17 and 26
- Have a high school GPA of a least 2.5
- Score minimum of 920 on the SAT (math/verbal or 19 on the ACT
- Meet physical standards
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard)
Gates Millennium Scholars
Amount of Scholarship-Cost of attendance-renewable each year throughout the scholar's undergraduate degree and can become graduate fellowship
- Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Nativem, Asian Pacific Islander American or Hispanic American
- Are a citizen/legal resident of the United States and have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Enrolling for the first time as a full-time degree seeking student in an accredited college or university in the Fall of 2016
- Demonstrated leadership ability and meet the Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria
Students who plan to pursue a degree in business field, US citizen and resident of of SC. Applicatopm and official transcript required. Scholarship up to $1,000. Students must have a C average B average in business courses.
Washington Cross Foundation
Amount-$500 to $5000
- High school senior planning a career in government or military services
- 300 word essay required
Hampton Wildlife Fund
- Harry Hampton Scholarship for students in the natural resources discipline of wildlife biology fisheries biology, forestry, marine or enviornnment science. Four (4) years; $2,500 per year
- Wallace F. Pate Scholarship for students in the natural resources discipline such as wildlife biology, fisheries biology, forestry or marine science. One (1) year; $1,500
- Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation Scholarships is a one year scholarship for students who wish to pursue a degree in Marine Science (including marine biology) or envirionmental science. One (1) year; $2,500
- David M. Cline Scholarship for students who wish to further their education in law enforcement/criminal justice/forensic. One (1) year; $2,000.
- James O. Thomason Scholarship for students who wish to further their education in print or photo journalism, advertising, public relations or mass communications. This scholarship requires the student to submit a topical essay (see criteria and application). Four (4) years; $1,000 per year.
Shirley W. Boone Scholarship
- Must be resident of Horry County and a senior, attends a school within the county
- Intends to pursue a degree program in any subject at any college
- Has been involved in some compacity with a public or school library/media center
- Submits a written essay which described the applicant's interest in, experience with and understanding of libraries. (limit 500 words)
- Submits most recent transcript.
- Submits a written personal recommendation from an individual other than family member or library personal (limit 500 words)
- Completes the application on the reverse of this sheet
- Submits a written recommendation from a school or public librarian. (limit 55 words)
- Amount $3,000
- Applications are in guidance
Buick Achievers Scholarship
- 50 Scholarships up to $25,000 a year
- High School Seniors and current undergraduates
- Those who plan to enroll full time at a four-year college or university in 2015-2016
- Those who plan to major in a field of study that focuses on engineering, technology, design or business, with an interest in the automotive industry.
100 Black Men of America, INC. 2015-2016 National Scholarship
- High school seniors transitioning to college
- College undergraduates currently enrolled in college
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5
- Enrolled in a post secondary institution
- Planning to attend an institlution for an entire academic year, beginning in the fall of 2016
Call me Mister
- Apply and be accepted at HGTC;essay, recommendation letter, transcript, financial need. Enroll in educational transfer program to pursue educational degree
- Teach once year in SC for every year of financial support recieved at critical needs schools
- Applications in financial aid department at HGTC and also your guidance department
All applicants must
- Be a graduating high school senior, attending a public school in Horry County.
- Be a resident of Horry County (for at least one year)
- Pursuing a degree related to the environment, public eduation, waste management or health promotions field
- Enrolled as a fulltime student for Fall 2015. (Documentation of acceptance into a higher education institution is required, at time of grant issuance).
- Submit application that is postmarked on or before March 6, 2016. Late application will not be considered. Please use sufficent postage.
- Provide transcript of high school grades covering a minimum of six semester. (The transcript need not to be "official" and my be a photocopy.)
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Provide one signed letter of recommendation from a mentor, teacher, civic leader or church leader who knows the applicant personally. (Endorsments from parents are not accepted)
Scholarship is $1,0000.
High School Seniors can apply for an S.C State Fair "Ride of Your Life" scholarship, which awards winners with $1,500 per year for up to four years. The money can be applied to education or training at any S.C. university, college or technical college. Students pursuing two-year degrees are eligible for the program
This scholarship is awarded annually to an Horry County high senior who plans to major or minor in history or neighborhood disciplines in the humanities at Coastal Carolina University. Preference will be given to applicants who plan to integrate their interest in war and society into their academic program and subsequent careers.
This scholarship is awarded annually to talented Horry County high school seniors planning to major in art studio, graphic design, music, musical theatre, theatre arts or dramatic arts at Coastal Carolina University.
This scholarship is awarded annually to Horry County high school seniors who plan to attend Coastal Carolina University who have persevered through hardship and/or adversity.
This scholarship is awarded annually to Horry County high school seniors who plan to attend Coastal Carolina University and who have outstanding record in the areas of leadership, Volunteer service and academics.
- Application will be considered from Horry and Georgetown counties of South Carolina and our circulation distribution area in Southern Brunswick County of North Carolina. Exception must be approved by the foundation
- This scholarship is awarded to an outstanding student, based on the student's motivation, potential for academic achievement, leadership and involvement in community events and civic activities
- Scholarship holder must be a full time (as defined by the college) student and must maintain a miniumum of 2.5 grade-point average. All applicants must be entering a college in the fall as a freshmen at a two-year junior college, a technical/community college or a four-year college or university.
South Carolina Association of Extension Adminstrative Professional
The South Carolina Association of Extension Administration Professionals offers a $1,000 scholarship to students pursuing a career in the secretarial science, computer Science or Business managament field.
- Certified record of high school or college grades
- Letter of recommendation from either high school businenss teacher or college
- List of extracurricular activities in high school and/or college, memberships in student societies, awards received.
- Essay stating applicant's career goals (no more than 100 words).
Francis Marion University Scholarships
Francis Marion Academic Fellows Scholarship
- Amount of scholarship-$500-$2,500, renewable for 4 years
- 3.0 GPA, 1100 SAT or 24 ACT
- Invitation to on-campus faculty interview
Joye Scholarship Program
Attend 4 year college fall 2016 in South Carolins. Selection based on creative entry,activities, leadership, awards and community. Amount (6) @ $2,000 each
Guy Daniels Memorial Foundation Scholarship
- Scholarships will be awarded to Horry and Georgetown County residients who will be an undergraduate studenets in the 2016-2017 school year
- Any awarded scholarship funds are to be used strictly for tuition, books and course-related expenses and will be made payable to the academic institution on behalf of the recipient in which he or she shall be properlly enrolled
- This scholarship may be a continuing scholarship but is not guaranteed to be a continuing scholarship. The recipent of the scholarship will be permitted to submit a scholarship application each year. The maximum scholarship is four consecutive years.
- Include a transcript of high school or college records must be submitted with the application
- Attach a wallet-size photo to the application form
- Include you "Story" why you deserve this scholarship and what you can do with it
- Completed application must be recieved no later than April 7th.
- Please return application and required information to your school guidance counselor Or directly to:
Guy Daniels Memorial Foundation
PO Box 14134
Surfside Beach, SC 29587.
Sheriff's Foundation of Horry County Scholarship
- Senior pursing an education in a legal related field at HGTC, CCU, or other SC college.
- 3 awards @ $1,0000 each
- 3.0 or better on a 4.0 Scale
Sons of Italy in America
- Applicant mybe of Italian-American descent, having at least one ancestor who emigrated from Italy
- Open to students at the ATA, Myrtle Beach High, North Myrtle Beach High, Conway High, Socastee High, St. James High, and Carolina Forest
- Must be enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education for Fall 2016
- The applicant should have at least a C avergage and is not entering on a probationary status
- All questions must be answered
- Award will be forwarded directly to the college/university in August, 2016, in the student's name
- Deadline for returning application is April 20, 2016
- Mail to Myrtle Beach Lodge 2662, 7957 Moss Creek Road, Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
- Applications are in guidance
Student-View Scholarship Program
- High School senior planning to attend college in fall 2016. No essay, no lengthy application
- (1 ) @ $4,000, (2) @ $1,000, & (10) @ $500
The Making of a Man Scholarship Application
- Students must be pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited institution
- Rising college sophomores, juniors, and seniors must have a minimum 2.5 GPA at the time of application. There are no GPA requirements for incoming freshmen
- Student should be able to produce a letter of recommendation from a non-relative who knows you.
- High School students must plan to attend college or technical school the semester immediately following his high school graduation. Current college students must plan to attend college or technical school the semester immediately following the award of the scholarship.
Democratic Women's Council of Horry County 2015 Scholarship
- Qualified applicants must be graduating high school seniors. Applicants must be registered voters of Horry County or scheduled for High School by June
- Essay/artwork must be received no later than April 30, 2016
- Scholarship amout $500.00
- Applications can be accessed on line
Peck Law Firm Scholarship
Criteria: Applicants must be attending college by the Fall 2016 semester and have a minumum 3.0 GPA. This scholarship is open to anyone seeking a higher education.
B. Davis Scholarship Essay contest for seniors. Describe 3 characteristics of leadership valued most; why you believe traits are important and how you feel trait are developed.
Aspiring Animation Professional
www.animation careerview.com amount $1,000
Aspiring Fashion Professional
Interested in pursing a fashion degree in college. www.fashionschools.org. Amount $1,000
Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program
Students will submit an essay on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of our web site. Scholarship is in the amount oif $1,0000
The Bigsun Organzation is offering a scholarship to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All students eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official.
SC Tuition Grants Program
Need-based grant awarded to qualified SC resident who attend elibible South Carolina Independent Colleges-Allen University, Anderson University, Benedict College, Bob Jones University, Charleston Southern University, Claflin University, Coker College, Furman University, Limestone College, Morris College, Newberry College, Erskine College, North Greenville University, Presbyterian College, South Wesleyan University, Spartanburg Methodist Univeristy, Voorhees College, and Wofford College
- Must graduate in top 75% of high school class or score at least 900 on SAT or score 19 on ACT, or graduate from high school with at least 2.0
- Apply by submitting FAFSA form
- Current or former student athlete seniors attending college fall 2016
- Information and Instruction on line: www.collegesports
- $1,0000 amount
Students pursuing a law related degree, US citizen, copy of college acceptance letter. Scholarship up to $1,000
Scholarship Search Websites: