• HCS Registration Information for 2021-2022

    Whether you are new or returning to Horry County Schools find out everything you need to know about getting registered.

    HCS regsitration

  • I am new to Horry County Schools and need to register my child for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year.

  • I have been attending HCS and need to register as a returning student for the 2021-2022 school year.

  • I need to register for Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year.

  • I need to register my 4 year old for Child Development.

  • Which School Do I Attend?

    Parents who are new to the area and are unsure which school their child will attend may utilize the HCS School Locator, which allows the user to enter an address to identify the schools assigned to their residence. Parents can also view maps of the District’s nine attendance areas by accessing Attendance Zone Maps. If, after utilizing the online resources, you still have questions about which school your child should attend, you may contact Patrick Rhodes at (843) 488-6209.

  • In-District transfers to other schools

    Student transfer applications will be accepted beginning March 29, 2021, through June 30, 2021

    Students who wish to attend a school other than the school assigned for their residence are required to complete an application for a student transfer. HCS does not provide transportation for approved elective transfers. Transfers may be denied if the school requested in the transfer application is at, or over, capacity.

    Transfer requests are approved only for the period comprising a single academic year except as noted in the following sentence. Transfer requests do not have to be submitted for a student to remain in the same school or the next level in the attendance area (i.e., elementary to middle school) for which his/her transfer request was previously approved as long as he/she meets the same conditions that led to the prior approval.

    Students who have been accepted to, or are returning to, any of the District’s optional secondary programs are not considered transfer students and are not required to complete a transfer application. Transportation services are provided to students attending the Scholars Academy, the HCS Early College High School, the STEM program, the Academy for Arts, Science and Technology, and the Academy for Technology and Academics.

    Note: Transfer Requests are not accepted for students in the Child Development Program

    Request an in-district transfer 

    Out-of-district transfers

    South Carolina students who reside outside of Horry County may apply annually to attend a District school. If accepted, nonresident students will be required to pay tuition in an amount equal to the prior year's per-pupil local revenue received.  For more information, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 843.488.6770. 

    Interested in Adult Education?

    Registration is now open for all adult education programs for the 2021-22 school year. 

    Click here to register
    Learn more about Adult Education Programs