The front drive is designed and supervised to receive students who arrive by car. The car rider driveway is designated and will have staff to assist students as they enter the building. When you enter the drive, please follow all signs and directions from TLC staff on duty to ensure everyone's safety. Please have students ready to depart as soon as the car stops. They should quickly exit the car and move away from the flow of traffic. If parents plan to enter the building with the child, please park in the parking lot and then escort the child inside the building to the morning assembly area. Students should not be dropped off in the parking lot without ensuring that staff is waiting to accompany them.
When students arrive at school by bus or car, they will be met and accompanied by TLC staff to the designated classroom/assembly area. All students are expected to remain in the designated classroom/assembly area. All students are expected to remain in the designated area and follow staff directions until school begins. A TLC staff member will be available from 7:45 a.m. until all buses have arrived to meet students as they arrived at school. No student should arrive before 7:45 a.m.
Car riders should arrive by 8:00 a.m. and will be dismissed at 1:30 p.m. Any changes in arrival or dismissal time will be communicated to parents of car riders during the first week of school. Car riders will be requred to wait in front of the school to be picked up. Students will not be permitted to cross to a waiting car without an adult or TLC staff member.
CAR DRIVER PROCEDURES
- Do not pass stopped vehicles.
- School zone speed limit-10 mph.
- All morning car riders should get out at the front office door.
- All afternoon car riders should be picked up on the Adult Education side of the building (away from buses)
- No child should be dropped off in the parking lot
- Leave at least one car length between cars for the safety of our students or place your car in park when in close proximity to other vehicles.
- Please drive safely on our campus.
Teachers and staff cannot transport students in their personal vehicles. No exceptions will be made. This is HCS Policy.