Staff Quarantine Guidelines
Information updated January 20, 2022
* Maximally or Fully-Vaccinated
Maximally vaccinated: Ages 18 and up who have completed their primary vaccine series of two doses of Pfizer or Moderna or a single dose of Janssen vaccine, including an additional dose for an individual who is immunocompromised, and has had a booster shot if eligible.
Fully vaccinated: Ages 17 and younger who have completed their primary vaccine series of two doses, including an additional dose for an individual who is immunocompromised, more than 14 days ago.
A CLOSE CONTACT is considered to be someone who was within 3 to 6 feet of an infected individual for at least 15 cumulative minutes
over a 24-hour period. Student athletic/activity groups which include any activities where forced expiration produces increased respiratory droplets in the surroundings, including shouting, singing, physical exertion, etc., are considered a close contact if they are less than
6 feet apart.
CLOSE CONTACT: Quarantine is not required for individuals who have tested positive (laboratory-confirmed) for COVID-19 in the last 90 days. Mask use is required for 10 days after exposure.
Household Close Contact (Not Maximally or Fully-VaccinateD): Quarantine for infected individual’s isolation period
PLUS 5 additional days provided no symptoms exist. A minimum of 10 days quarantine required. They may return to school, if they are asymptomatic. Mask use is required for 5 days after return to school.
Classroom or Cohorts (5 people or more): If 20% or more of the students within a classroom or other cohort of students
(e.g., sports teams or extracurricular groups) become symptomatic or test positive for COVID-19, the entire class or cohort must quarantine.
PCR or Antigen Tests are collected by a swab of the nose or throat. Blood tests for antibodies may not be used to shorten quarantine. Negative COVID-19 test results should be sent via email to negativeCOVID19testresults@horrycountyschools.net or be submitted at the school.
At-home rapid tests are now accepted. An At-Home Rapid-Test Result Attestation Form must be completed for each test administered. A viral test collected no sooner than day 5 is recommended and results should be sent, along with the attestation form via email to negativeCOVID19testresults@horrycountyschools.net or be submitted at your school.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) QUALIFYING REASONS FOR LEAVE RELATED TO COVID-19: An employee is entitled to take leave related to COVID-19 if the employee is unable to work, including unable to telework, because the employee:
1. is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
2. has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19;
3. is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis;
4. is caring for an individual subject to an order described in (1) or self-quarantine as described in (2);
5. is caring for his or her child whose school or place of care is closed (or child care provider is unavailable) due to COVID-19 related reasons; or
6. is experiencing any other substantially-similar condition specified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Effective July 1, 2021, HCS extended COVID-19 related employee leave coverage through June 30, 2022, under the following conditions:
- Based upon individual circumstances, an employee is eligible for up to 80 hours of fully paid leave, as specified above under FFCRA qualifying reasons 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, which expired December 31, 2020.
- An employee who is able to perform his/her work responsibilities from a remote/virtual environment may submit a request to his/her supervisor that will be evaluated by the Human Resources Department. Any employee submitting such a request must meet FFCRA qualifying reasons 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5.
- An employee can use personal, sick, or annual leave due to FFCRA qualifying reasons 1, 2, 3, or 4.
- An employee can use personal or annual leave to provide child care for his/her child due to FFCRA qualifying reason 5.
NOTE: *Part-time employees will be eligible for leave that is pro-rated based upon the total number of hours per week that they work.
Email HCSCOVID19leave@horrycountyschools.net for questions regarding COVID-19 absences.
Email COVID19info@horrycountyschools.net for questions regarding COVID-19 quarantines and contact tracing.