PARENTS AND VOLUNTEERS
All volunteers must be cleared through the district office before volunteering in schools. If you are interested in volunteering, please see the HCS Webpage for further information.
OBMS has an active Parent Teacher Organization (PTO). Fundraising is accomplished through many events. PTO provides teacher/staff appreciation. They participate in our annual field day and provide our students with many educational additions to our school. Parents are encouraged to be involved with the organization and can contact PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow them on Facebook @ Ocean Bay Middle School PTO.
Do you have an hour a week? Volunteering at a school can have a positive impact on the academic success of a child. Contact a school in your neighborhood, call 843-488-6901, or click here to complete a volunteer application.
How you can help:
- Serve as an academic tutor or homework helper
- Serve as a literacy tutor
- Be a reading buddy, book buddy, or reading friend
- Help with writing assignments
- Play instructional games
- Be a penpal or email pal
- Be an ESOL coach or practice vocabulary with non-English speaking students.
- Share expertise in creative arts or recreational activities
- Answer phones
- Run copies
- Help in the library, guidance, or nurse's office
- Assist with developing teaching materials
- Monitor hallway, playgrounds, or cafeterias
- Monitor testing
- Assist in producing the school newsletter or student publishing center
- Chaperone school trips
- Help with fundraising activities