We follow the district menu as closely as possible.
Breakfast served from 7-7:30. Students should be in the cafeteria by 7:15 to enjoy breakfast and begin the instructional day by 7:30.
Click here for the district lunch menu (click on elementary school) or click here and Like our cafeteria Facebook page.
The District believes that a student's health impacts his/her school attendance, readiness to learn, potential learning, and achievement. Therefore, the District's goal is to provide a sound, comprehensive wellness program of nutrition education, physical activity, and other school-based activities that are designated to promote student wellness. The program includes the following:
1. Teaching, encouraging, and supporting healthy eating by students (the schools will provide nutrition education based on the S.C. standards);
2. Providing students with the recommended amount of daily physical activity as required by law and encouraging students to fully embrace regular physical activity as a personal behavior because students need opportunities for physical activity beyond physical education classes (the principal of each school is responsible for ensuring compliance at his/her school);
3. Supporting parents' efforts to provide a healthy diet and daily physical activity for their children (the schools will provide a monthly calendar of school meals);
4. Disseminating nutrition guidelines, approved by the Superintendent or his/her designee, for all foods available on each school campus during the school day with the objectives of promoting student health and reducing childhood obesity;
5. Establishing a plan for measuring implementation of the student wellness policy, which is the responsibility of the Chief Officer of Support Services or his/her designee;
6. Complying with the nutritional part of the wellness policy and the District's nutrition guidelines, which is the responsibility of the principal of each school; and
7. Complying with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
In addition, a committee of community members shall be involved in the development and review of the District's wellness policy and the guidelines established by the District for its implementation. The committee shall consist of, but not be limited to, members of the following groups: parents, students, the Board, school administrators, school food service authorities, and other members of the public.