Car Rider Drop-off and Afternoon Pick-up Procedures
School begins at 7:30 a.m. The late bell is at 7:40 a.m. Student drop-off begins at 7:00 a.m. when adults are at their duty stations. Please follow school procedures for the safety of your child and all of the children at Burgess Elementary School.
Our procedures for dropping students off in the morning include:
- Please come through the car rider line to drop your student off. Drop off begins when staff comes on duty at 7am.
- Please do not drop your child off in the parking lot.
- If you need to come into the school, please stay in the car rider line and drop your child off, then park and come into the front office.
- If the adults are walking from their duty stations, it is 7:40. Your child is late and you must come into the front office to sign them in so they will be counted present for the day.
Thank you for monitoring your child until he or she is safely in our care.
All Burgess Elementary students must have a car visor hang tag if they are car riders, permanently or randomly. These blue tags should be displayed on your dashboard from the time you arrive on the property until your child is in the car with you. Safety is our main concern. We appreciate your cooperation and patience.
If your child is an afternoon car rider, please make sure you follow our Car Rider Procedures. Copies of these procedures were distributed at Open House and include:
- All afternoon car riders must be picked up in the car rider loop at the front of the building.
- Drivers should remain in the car as students are picked up.
- Teachers on duty will assist students as they enter the cars.
- Drivers should pull all the way up.
- Drivers must have a blue car tag from the Front Office.
- Drivers should display this car tag on the dashboard of the car.
Please do not ask to sign your child out after 2:10 unless you have an emergency situation. A doctor’s appointment is not considered an emergency. We do not interrupt classes during the last part of the day as this is the time homework assignments are given, notices to go home are given out, and any special instructions are given for the next day.