Child Development Program
لعرض الصفحة باللغة العربية ، حدد خيار الترجمة من الزاوية اليمنى العليا لصفحة الويب وحدد من بين أكثر من 100 خيار لغة.
要查看中文页面，请从页面右上角选择翻译选项，然后从 100 多种语言选项中进行选择。
Para visualizar a página em português, selecione a opção de tradução no canto superior direito da página e selecione uma das mais de 100 opções de idioma.
Para ver esta página en español, seleccione la opción de traducción en la esquina superior derecha de la página web y seleccione entre más de 100 opciones de idioma.
Để xem trang bằng tiếng Việt, hãy chọn tùy chọn dịch từ góc trên bên phải của trang web và chọn từ hơn 100 tùy chọn ngôn ngữ.
Child Development at Horry County Schools
Horry County Schools offers a full-day Child Development (CD) program for eligible students who will be four years old on or before September 1 of the enrollment year. The CD program is an early intervention for at-risk four-year-olds and is designed to prepare children for success in kindergarten. CD classes are taught by state-certified teachers using S.C Early Learning Standards and a state-approved curriculum.
- Promote the development of social, emotional, and academic skills
- Encourage language and vocabulary development
- Establish a cooperative, nurturing, and safe learning environment
- Promote decision making, problem-solving, and respect for others
- Form a partnership with parents to meet the needs of each child
Applicants must be a resident of Horry County to apply for and participate in the CD program. Please note: Transfer Requests are not accepted for students in the Child Development Program. State guidelines require that children be four years old on or before September 1st to apply for CD program. Eligibility for the program is determined by the results of a developmental screening assessment, family income level, parent questionnaire responses, and other contributing factors that may indicate a need for kindergarten readiness support.
Applications for the Child Development Program
Children must be four years old on or before September 1st to participate in the CD program. The following documents are required to apply:
- Child’s legal birth certificate
- Child’s immunization record
- Child’s Medicaid card or parents’ proof of income (2021 income tax return or W-2 form)
- Proof of residency (utility bill, rental or lease agreement).
- The child’s social security card is requested, but not required.
For more information, contact
Tammy MartinTitle: Coordinator - Parenting/Early Childhood
Department: Elementary Programs
Division of: Learning Services
Location: District Office