Child Development Program
Horry County Schools offers a full-day Child Development (CD) program for eligible students who will be four years old on or before September 1 of the enrollment year. The CD program is an early intervention for at-risk four-year-olds and is designed to prepare children for success in kindergarten. CD classes are taught by state-certified teachers using S.C Early Learning Standards and a state-approved curriculum.
- Promote the development of social, emotional, and academic skills
- Encourage language and vocabulary development
- Establish a cooperative, nurturing, and safe learning environment
- Promote decision making, problem-solving, and respect for others
- Form a partnership with parents to meet the needs of each child
Applicants must be a resident of Horry County to apply for and participate in the CD program. Please note: Transfer Requests are not accepted for students in the Child Development Program. State guidelines require that children be four years old on or before September 1st to apply for CD program. Eligibility for the program is determined by the results of a developmental screening assessment, family income level, parent questionnaire responses, and other contributing factors that may indicate a need for kindergarten readiness support.
Applications for the Child Development Program
Children must be four years old on or before September 1st to participate in the CD program. The following documents are required to apply:
- Child’s legal birth certificate
- Child’s shot record
- Child’s Medicaid card or parents’ proof of income (2020 income tax return or W-2 form)
- Proof of residency (utility bill, rental or lease agreement).
- The child’s social security card is requested, but not required.
Click here to apply for the CD program before July 15, 2021.
Once your child is accepted into the CD program, you will receive a Snapcode from your school by the end of July. If you have received your Snapcode, click here to complete the registration process.
For more information contact:
Coordinator of Early Childhood and Parenting
Secretary for Elementary Education