Academics at HCS
- Career Technology Education
- Child Development
Curriculum & Instruction
- Driver Education
- English Language Arts
- World Language
- Social Studies
- Physical Education
- Instructional Technology
- Fine Arts
- Contact Us
- Federal Programs
- FLEX & Credit Recovery
- HCS High School Options
- Gifted & Talented
- Library Information Services
- ParentChild+ Program
- Personalized Learning
- Special Education
- CCU/HSA Partnership
- Exchange Days
- National Board Certification
- Read to Succeed
Internship/Practicum Placement Procedures
- District Internship Placement Procedures for Online and Out of District Students
- District Practicum Placement Procedures for Online and Out of District Students
- Placement Procedures for Speech/Language and Psychologist Internship Placements
- Placement Procedures for Students from Spadoni College of Education CCU
- New Teacher Academy
- Superintendent's Honor Roll
- Horry County Schools
- Child Development
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply if my child turns four after Sept. 1?
No. State law requires that children be four years old on or before Sept. 1 to apply for the CD program. Your child will be old enough to apply for the CD program next year.
Children must be five years old on or before Sept. 1 to register for kindergarten.
Can my child still participate in the program if we move?
If you still live in Horry County, your child can be placed on the waiting list for the CD program in your new attendance area.
To Update Your Child's CD Information:
- Take proof of residence to the primary/elementary school in your new attendance area.
- Tell the school that your child has previously applied for or participated in the CD program.
- Ask the school in your new attendance area to place your child on their CD waiting list.
- Provide an accurate phone number so the school can call you if an opening becomes available.
If an opening becomes available and your child is next on the waiting list, the school will call you.
The HCS CD program makes every effort to get previously served children back into the program as quickly as possible. However, we cannot guarantee when or if an opening will be available.