2016-17 Membership Information
Application Deadline: Thursday, September 22
- Attendance at the school the equivalent of one semester prior to being considered. (If special circumstances merit, the Faculty Advisory Council may waive the semester regulation)
- Completion of the equivalent of two semesters of English prior to induction as members.
- A cumulative average of no less than 90 (88 for honors or AP classes) in completed English courses
- Participation in at least TWO literacy organizations or writing-intensive classes/activities. For example:
- Library Media Club
- Creative Writing
- Prowler staff (newspaper)
- Yearbook staff
- Mock Trial team
- Mock Trial class
- English and Social Studies AP Classes
- Journalism and/orBroadcast Journalism
- Conduct: Applicants must have a clear discipline record at the time of application. If you have ever been formally reprimanded and disciplined for plagiarism or cheating, please do not apply; this is a violation of the CFHS Honor Code and offenders are ineligible for membership.
- Attendance at monthly meetings is required. Clubs and organizations within the school coordinate calendars in order to avoid conflicts. NEHS will meet every third Thursday at 3:30.
- Members are required to commit to community service throughout the year.
- Members must pay an annual membership fee of $15. Graduating seniors must pay an additional $10 for graduation cords.