In order to be considered for membership in the Quill and Scroll International Society for Scholastic Journalism, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be in the top 1/3 of the class academically.
- Have worked on a production staff (yearbook, newspaper, broadcast, lit mag) at least one semester prior to senior year.
- Have worked on a production staff at least one semester of senior year.
- Have been recommended by his or her adviser.
- Have a good school citizenship record.
Students who are nominated by advisors, and meet the above qualifications will be notified in March or April.
After invitations for membership are extended, a short informational meeting is held where officers are elected and induction is planned.
Induction is held in May.