You will find a copy of the draft of our Parenting Policy here. It is always under review and subject to revision as needed.
In a continued effort to better address the needs of our parents and students, we like to get our parents' feedback. We offer a survey to our parents at the beginning of each school year and keep this survey open into the school year to gather information on your experiences with the schools in the previous school year. The current survey is available through each individual Title I school's website or you can access it here: Parent Survey.
Your Child's Teachers' Qualifications:
Under federal law, parents have the right to know:
- whether a teacher has met state qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
- whether a teacher is teaching under emergency or another provisional status through which state qualification or licensing criteria have been waived;
- the baccalaureate degree major of a teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree;
Parents wishing this information can access it through the Educator Qualification Search.
The District provides each Title I school with a monthly parenting newsletter according to the school's educational level (Elementary, Middle, High). These newsletters will usually come home with your student sometime in the middle of the month beginning in September through the month of May. If you aren't receiving this newsletter, please contact the Family School Facilitator at your student's school. You may also contact our Title I Coordinator, Margaret Sordian, at (843) 488-7018.
Elementary School Newsletters
- September 2018 | September 2018 Spanish
- October 2018 | October 2018 Spanish
- November 2018 | November 2018 Spanish
Middle School Newsletters
High School Newsletters