This is a service organization for all high school students sponsored by the local Kiwanis Chapter. Our objective is the development of initiative, leadership ability, and good citizenship practices. Key Club is the largest service organization of its kind with more than 210,000 members worldwide in approximately 5,000 clubs.General meetings are held every Thursday in B109 at 7:45 a.m. In order to become a member, a membership fee of $14 must be paid and 10 hours of community service through the club must be completed under the supervision of Ms Loiseau.
Service Projects include and are not limited to Miracle League, tutoring at elementary/primary schools, tutoring for Myrtle Beach Boys’ and Girls’ Club, Christmas shopping and party for TMD class, Back Pack Buddies, Stuff the Bus, Trick or Treat for UNICEF, March of Dimes, Breast Cancer Awareness, Christmas Wreath for Dickens Christmas Festival and other projects/activities in conjunction with the Myrtle Beach Kiwanis Club.
Key Club Activities
- September: general organizational meeting
- Membership dues of $13
- October: Breast cancer awareness, Trick or Treat for UNICEF.
- November: Christmas Wreath for Dickens Christmas Festival, Cover Guy in conjunction with the Miss Myrtle Beach Pageant
- Visit Manor Home, New Member Induction Dinner (after school hours).
- December: Christmas shopping and party for TMD class at MBHS
- January – April: Emphasis on Fundraising for March for Babies
- February: Manor visit
- March: “March for Babies” Kickoff, Election of 2016-17 Officers
- April: “March for Babies,” Kiwanis Scholarship Applications due
- May: Announcement of Kiwanis Club Scholarship winner
Key Club sponsor: Holly McKnight