SC Academic Achievement Honors Award
Horry County Certificate of Honor Recognition
SOUTH CAROLINA ACADEMIC HONOR AWARD
- Receive a minimum grade of “B” for each semester course through the 7th semester
- Achieve either a score of 710 on the SAT verbal OR a score of 690 on SAT math ORan ACT score of 30 on English OR 33 on Math
- OR Verbal and Math SAT TOTAL of 1400 ORACT composite score of 31
HORRY COUNTY CERTIFICATE OF HONOR RECOGNITION (must meet ALL of the following)
- GPA = or > 4.0
- Sat V + M = or > 1000 or ACT Composite = or > 22
- 5 or more math courses
- 4 or more credit bearing science courses
- Three or more courses at the AP, IB, or Dual Credit level.
- 3 or more courses in the same foreign language or four courses in two different foreign languages
- Earn at least 28 high school credits, and meet requirements for a State High School diploma
- Show evidence of participation in at least one school-sponsored organization during grades 10 – 12 or complete 50 hours of approved community service during high school.
SUMMA CUM LAUDE MAGNA CUM LAUDE CUM LAUDE
GPA = or > 4.75 GPA = or > 4.250 but < 4.750 GPA = or > 3.750 but < 4.25
*Students will be recognized for LIFE and HOPE at the awards program based on current GPA, however, the actual award is based on the final transcript.