Honors and Awards
South Carolina Academic Honors Award
- Receive a minimum grade of "B" for each semester course through the 7th semester.
- Achieve either a score of 710 on the SAT verbal OR a score of 690 on SAT math
- OR an ACT score of 30 on English OR 33 on Math
- OR Verbal and Math SAT Total of 1400
- OR ACT composite score of 31
Horry County Schools Honors Diploma (must meet all of the following)
- GPA = or > 4.0
- SAT V+M = or > 1000 OR ACT Composite = or > 22
- 5 or more math courses
- 4 or more credit-bearing science courses
- 3 or more courses at the AP, IB or Dual Credit level. Two of the 3 must be at the AP or IB level.
- At least 28 high school credits, meet requirements for a State High School diploma
- Show evidence of participation in at least one school-sponsored organization during grades 10-12 or complete 50 hours of approved community service during high school.
- Summa Cum Laude
- GPA = or > 4.75
- Magna Cum Laude
- GPA = or >4.250 but < 4.750
- Cum Laude
- GPA = or > 3.750 but < 4.250