Get yourself ready to READ with Malcolm!
All you need to know can be found at READCamp online! Login information was sent home with each student. If you need assistance, you can email either of the school-based coaches. Below you will find a copy of the training information along with a reading log below in both English and Spanish. If online access is not possible to log reading, then the reading log will need to be printed in order to be completed. If the document does not appear, you may need to click the link at the bottom of the page to download.
Research has shown that students who read over the summer do better in school while bridging the gap to prevent academic loss.
What Parents Can Do:
- Stress the importance of summer reading with your child and make it exciting
- Create a reading list
- Join a summer reading program at your local library
- Let your child choose his/her own books and have them read to you
- Keep a supply of reading materials around the house
- Ask your child questions about the books s/he is reading
- Model reading
- Listen to books on tape while traveling
You can access e-books online by logging into your Clever account and going to the Reading - Research section. Both Sora and Destiny e-Books are available.
Have a safe and restful summer!