Superintendent's Reading Honor Roll
Every student who reads between 20 and 40 books this school year, depending on your grade level, and completes a copy of the Reading Honor Roll log will become a member of the Superintendent's Reading Honor Roll. With this honor, you will receive a certificate from the Superintendent and the honor of having your name included among other students who complete the challenge.
Follow these simple steps to participate in the Superintendent's Reading Honor Roll:
- Ask your teacher or library media specialist for a reading log.
- Ask a parent to read the letter in the link below and to approve your participation in the program
- Select the first book you want to read. If you need help selecting a book, ask your library media specialist for assistance.
- Record the book title on the reading log and have a parent or teacher initial the log to verify that you have read the book. At the upper-grade levels, digital records may also document your reading.
- After finishing one book, select the next and follow the same steps outlined above.
- After reading the required number of books, turn in the completed reading log to your teacher or library media specialist.
- Return your reading log by the date specified on your log.
- Your Superintendent's Reading Honor Roll certificate will be sent to you at school in May.
- Number of books that need to be read at each grade level: K - 1 = 40, 2 - 3 = 30, 4 - 5 = 20, 6 - 12 = 20
Letter from the Superintendent
Download reading logbooks: