• SC Deferred Compensation

    The South Carolina Deferred Compensation Program (Program) is a powerful tool to help you reach your retirement dreams. As a supplement to other retirement benefits or savings that you may have, this voluntary Program allows you to save and invest extra money for retirement through before-tax and after-tax contributions in a 401(k) and/or 457 plan.

    Not only do you have a choice of before-tax or after-tax contributions, but through the Program you may build extra savings consistently and automatically, select from a variety of investment options, and learn more about saving and investing for your financial future.

    South Carolina Deferred Compensation
    200 Arbor Drive, Suite 125
    Columbia, SC 29223
    Phone: 877.457.6263 Ext. 20150
    Fax: 866.745.5766

    Contact Person: Angel Mario, Education Counselor
    E-mail: angel.mario@gwrs.com
    Cell: 843.325.9327

    Managing Your Account: How do I make contribution changes?
    You can increase, decrease or stop your contribution at any time via the website or KeyTalk. You will need your Username and PIN. 401(k) contribution changes will be effective within one to two pay periods depending on your employer's payroll cycle, and 457 contribution changes will be effective the following month based on your employer's payroll cycle. Due to 457 regulations, contribution changes in the 457 cannot be made effective the same month in which you make the change and they cannot be overridden by your employer.

    1. Access to KeyTalk and the website may be limited or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systems upgrades/maintenance or other reasons. Transfer requests made via the website or KeyTalk received on business days prior to the close of the New York Stock Exchange (4:00 p.m. Eastern Time or earlier on some holidays or other special circumstances) will be initiated at the close of business the same day the request was received. The actual effective date of your transaction may vary depending on the investment option selected.

    2. The account owner is responsible for keeping the assigned PIN confidential. Please contact Great-West Retirement Services immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use.

    *** If you have lost or misplaced your PIN#, you can call Key Talk and ask the Retirement Plan Specialist for a ‘temporary PIN#’. This temporary PIN# is good for 24 hours. Login to your web account or use the automated Key Talk (877-457-6263) to make contribution changes. You can also make contribution changes with the Retirement Plan Specialist. Specialists are available Monday – Friday, 9 am – 8 pm EST.

    Log in to your web account, click on the tab “Manage Account” – click on heading ‘contributions’. Submit your changes. You’ll receive a confirmation page of your changes to print out for your records.